How rubbish are international breaks?

The point you seem to be missing. If we played Oldham in the FA Cup, that's a one off. What use do San Marino get from getting leathered 8-0 every game? FFS, they've scored 6 goals since 2010 and haven't even won a game in that time. What is the point in that? Similar with the likes of Malta, Liechtenstein and Andorra.

Well for one shocks happen, minnows get a draw or win and it’s great for football when that happens, secondly I love it watching my team win 10-0 .. it’s different, it gives a opportunity for other players to get a run out. If our teams constantly play the same teams on our level I think that would equally be as boring.

Well for one shocks happen, minnows get a draw or win and it’s great for football when that happens, secondly I love it watching my team win 10-0 .. it’s different, it gives a opportunity for other players to get a run out. If our teams constantly play the same teams on our level I think that would equally be as boring.
Where to start on this post?
How often do shocks happen? Very infrequently, I would imagine ( and cba looking it up, I'm not that interested). Great for football? In the scheme of things, not really, but an occasional morale booster for the "minnow".
When did you last see "your" team win 10-0? Again, racking my brains to remember when. And I presume you mean Ingerland as your team, not your club team Wet Spam, who are more likely to lose 10-0 (couldn't resist ;-)).
"Opportunity for other players to get a run out"? Never going to happen - the FArce want the money rolling in, pure and simple. I suppose you may get a token player from one of the favoured clubs, so that when they sell them as they turn out to be crap, they can point to their Ingerland cap(s) to boost the fee to the mugs buying them.
Of course it would be "boring" if we played the same teams on our level. We'd be beaten most times as we don't improve by playing "minnows". When it comes to the knockout stages of a competition, we're always found wanting, and the plane is being pre-flighted when the match kicks off.

Let's just have unseeded competitions for the Euros, World Cup, etc, on a strict knockout basis featuring the top 64 teams in that competition, based on Euro/World rankings of each team.

Fanciful? Of course it is. The governing bodies would never allow it, as their money well would dry up as they wouldn't be able to fleece the punters any more.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have said that the match-day experience will be greatly diminished if the format has to change to accommodate common sense.

God I’m bored!!!! Hate international weekends. Just had a thought. Where would England finish in the prem? I don’t think any higher than 10th?

Horrific isn’t it. But I use this opportunity to be a good boyfriend and good family member, been for a long dog walk with the Mrs and going to see both my Nans today.
From next weekend until the next international break they can all fuck off.

You sir have won the prize. I would gladly stand you a right good drink for that brilliant strategic approach. Proud of you. What a ****. :)

I'm sick of international football interfering with proper football. Hardly anyone gives a shit about it. I certainly don't. It wouldn't bother me if England never played another match, ever. There, I've said it. It's a bloody farce. Even the selection of places to hold the World Cup is a farce. Fuck me, having it in a desert in 2022 just so as to make even more money. What next? Play in Antarctica in front of 100,000 penguins, sponsored by British Gas?

Here goes.....................

Dentist_extracting_tooth..JPG

I would play the league cup during international breaks. Groups of 4 (based on region so say north west groups of city Liverpool Oldham dale and united Everton Wigan bolton) so you play 3 games during the winter internationals and with the last 16 qf semi final and final being in the spring / summer international breaks

Embrace all the new gimics such as miked up refs and video referrals even trial allowing alcohol in 1 stand at your seat make it a real spectators sport again

Tickets would be £5 adults £1 kids
Get the stadiums rocking . Fringe players get a game and youth players

I'm sick of international football interfering with proper football. Hardly anyone gives a shit about it. I certainly don't. It wouldn't bother me if England never played another match, ever. There, I've said it. It's a bloody farce. Even the selection of places to hold the World Cup is a farce. Fuck me, having it in a desert in 2022 just so as to make even more money. What next? Play in Antarctica in front of 100,000 penguins, sponsored by British Gas?
Mmmmmm. Kentucky Fried Penguins!

Magicpole look away now! Magicpole look away now!
They do have a slight hint of amusement towards the end of qualifying when our friends north of the border realise they can support the three teams who play England as they've failed to qualify once again. Possibly more than three teams, but that would mean England being better than shite and I've seen little evidence of that recently.
From Ally's Tartan Army:
England cannae dae it, 'Cos they didnae qualify!
But we did this time; did you?

Fucking awful. Weather has been shite so me and my little one have been stuck indoors. Would have been nice to have a full weekend of premier league football to enjoy. Will have to wait until next weekend when I'm not on dad duty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.