Just love this pic...

1938 Millwall -Manchester City 2-2

1970 ECWC Semi Final

Manchester City -WBA
Maine Road

Last edited:
x2pdad.jpg

Wilson was a great player, far too good for us at the time. Scored the winner against the mighty Liverpool in my first ever City game (Boxing Day, 1985) so I'll always have a soft spot for him.

One of my best memories of Maine Road was Boxing Day 1977 v Newcastle. I was in the kippax opposite the half way line when Colin Bell came back from injury for the second half. When everyone saw Colin the place erupted with loud cheers and clapping (even from the Newcastle fans- make a note Liverpool fans). I haven’t got a picture and after trying for nearly 40 years have never seen one or a film/video. As I remember both teams lined up as Colin walked through to the centre circle. If anyone has any picture or video , please put it on here for us all to enjoy. It would also make a great painting.

Wilson was a great player, far too good for us at the time. Scored the winner against the mighty Liverpool in my first ever City game (Boxing Day, 1985) so I'll always have a soft spot for him.
Against Liverpool...would have sufficed.

How we won that game I'll never know. They battered us! Think it was Gordon Davies hit one against their keeper it dinked up in the air and Euclid (his real name!) headed in. A genuinely top class footballer. And Christ, we had very few in those days.

How we won that game I'll never know. They battered us! Think it was Gordon Davies hit one against their keeper it dinked up in the air and Euclid (his real name!) headed in. A genuinely top class footballer. And Christ, we had very few in those days.

Ha, yeah it was a ridiculously one sided affair from what I can remember, although I was only eight at the time. Bit gutted that there is no TV footage of the game, as far as I'm aware.

I was pissed off when we sold him even though it was inevitable, he was the one shining light in that team that was relegated in '87. Classy footballer who could play anywhere on the left side.

TRUE.....!!!!!!!! ps..I cant find any feckin video of this match....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.