Theme Parks - not worth the risk?

Southern

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/twelve-ye...d-horrific-theme-park-accident-134726150.html

Twelve-year-old boy’s leg severed in horrific theme park accident

A 12-year-old boy suffered devastating injuries when his leg got stuck between the carriage and the track of a white-knuckle ride at a theme park in Germany.

The child, known only as Denis, was at the Fort Fun amusement park in the town of Bestwig on Saturday when his right leg got stuck between the track and the carriage of a one-person toboggan.

The lower part of his leg was ripped off in the horror accident and doctors are battling to sew it back on, though it is not currently known whether it is even possible.

Denis, who was at the theme park with his teammates from the amateur football club FC Lennestadt, was just 50 feet from the starting point when the incident happened.
His coach, Matthias Eykeln, was riding directly behind the boy and saw the accident happen.

Employees of the amusement park put the amputated lower leg in a bag with ice and doctors have tried to attach the severed body part to Denis’ body.

Experts are currently investigating the track to work out how exactly the accident happened.

Fort Fun Managing Director Andreas Sievering said it did not seem to be a technical issue.

He added: “At first glance it was apparently a misconduct of the boy.”

In June 2000, a seven-year-old child had their arm almost ripped off due to a crack in the track of another toboggan ride at Fort Fun.

The limb was sewn back to the child’s body, and the toboggan ride in question was closed down in 2003.

Ever seen the Final Destination movie with the roller coaster in it? Well that's the kind of thing I have imagined happening on them since being a kid .... Not for me.

Eh, just spent the day on shoot at a theme park. Thank fuck I didn't see this thread this morning, like fuck I'd be hopping on the rollercoasters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.