My Lodger, Part 2

oman0115

Morning all. I wrote a whinge on here about him months ago, and listened to the constructive feedback and agreed to give him another crack. But, what would you do if even after 5 months you reach these conclusions :

Despite agreeing to a cleaning rota 5 times, he doesn't do anything ( despite saying he was a tidy person upon moving in )
I had an operation and had to move back to my folks for 2 months, in that period he did no cleaning and I had to pay for a cleaner when I moved in ( wasn't physically able to hoover and mop )
Not social at all, each his own but I did say to him I want a social tenant and he said he loves going out ( He never goes out )
He doesn't really like my dog and dog is wary of him

The only positive is the £s!

Thoughts?

Morning all. I wrote a whinge on here about him months ago, and listened to the constructive feedback and agreed to give him another crack. But, what would you do if even after 5 months you reach these conclusions :

Despite agreeing to a cleaning rota 5 times, he doesn't do anything ( despite saying he was a tidy person upon moving in )
I had an operation and had to move back to my folks for 2 months, in that period he did no cleaning and I had to pay for a cleaner when I moved in ( wasn't physically able to hoover and mop )
Not social at all, each his own but I did say to him I want a social tenant and he said he loves going out ( He never goes out )
He doesn't really like my dog and dog is wary of him

The only positive is the £s!

Thoughts?

Never trust anyone who doesn't like dogs. Get rid.

If the money is the reason you're keeping hold of himn (despite clearly not liking him) then don't worry; you'll easily find a new lodger. Maybe just take a bit more time in finding your next one - might lose a week or two in rent but at least you'll be happier.

Is there another reason perhaps why you haven't gotten rid of this guy already and are putting it off? Do you fear he might kick off or do something stupid?

If the money is the reason you're keeping hold of himn (despite clearly not liking him) then don't worry; you'll easily find a new lodger. Maybe just take a bit more time in finding your next one - might lose a week or two in rent but at least you'll be happier.

Is there another reason perhaps why you haven't gotten rid of this guy already and are putting it off? Do you fear he might kick off or do something stupid?

Me not being there for two months having someone in the house was convenient, having to pay for a cleaner to sort out the aftermath was not..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.