The biggest game you missed.

Blackburn away. Can’t remember why I couldn’t go, but I watched it in the now defunct Terry Neill sports bar in High Holborn in London. Missed the Goat’s equaliser as well cos I went for a wizz. Came back upstairs to find the bar, which was full of Blues, bouncing!
In direct contrast to “Chris in London” I also missed the Huddersfield game, but in my case it was because I went back home to Exeter for the weekend from university oop North. I think it was the only home game I missed all season as well!
Also missed the crucial Everton away game in the 2014 run in, cos Mrs Exeter had booked me a “surprise” trip to Venice for my 50th. I fell on my sword well and truly that weekend, cos as well as having to give my ticket away, I heroically sacrificed watching it on TV out there as well, cos I knew I’d be in a vile mood if we lost, and it would spoil the weekend. Turned the phone back on later that evening in St Mark’s Square and did a one man happy dance as the texts dropped in!

I was there at Terry Neill's Sports Bar that day; used to go and watch City a few times there. Great day - pub was full of City and singing for an hour after the game - covered in champagne. Left to go home and stopped for another hour on that piazza thing outside where there we loads of Blues - great day..............hoarse the next day.............

That game was mental. Closest I've come to being crushed at a game. Our end was heaving that day. I had to climb up the fence and sit on top of it.

I was 14 and my dad said you not going. Should have just gone with my mates whose parents let them.

They loved it. Still gets a mention now. Oh remember Notts county. Mental. Sorry mate you never went

I missed a 3-1 win against united when we were shit because we were away for my sisters birthday.

That game was mental. Closest I've come to being crushed at a game. Our end was heaving that day. I had to climb up the fence and sit on top of it.

Remember being in a pub near the ground before the match. It was packed and the top of the bar collapsed as so many people were hanging off it trying to get served. We got cleared out by the police before we got a drink!

I was 14 and my dad said you not going. Should have just gone with my mates whose parents let them.

They loved it. Still gets a mention now. Oh remember Notts county. Mental. Sorry mate you never went

Gutter! I was 16 and my mum said I was going to a Family party. From memory the game was on a bank holiday Monday. Can't be certain though. I just ignored her and went on the special with a couple of lads from school. Only we could be 3-0 down at half time in a promotion game! Ha ha. Those were the days!

I have been to a lot of positive matches and many negative ones. I was as Rotherham when Colin Bell fired City to promotion. I was at Newcastle for the title decider two years later. I was at Wembley for the FA Cup and FL Cups wins over Leicester, West Brom and Newcastle. I made it to Vienna for the ECWC final against Gornik. I was at Villa Park for the FA Cup SF win over Ipswich.

More recently I was there for the title win against West Ham and the FL Cup wins over Sunderland and Liverpool.

I missed out on the 1955 and 1956 FA Cup Finals being too young. I couldn’t get a ticket for the Spurs Final and later for the United SF and Stoke Final. I also missed out on the Aguero match v QPR. It’s as well as my nerves would have given out!

I went to a number negative memorable matches including the 4-0 home defeat to Grimsby and was one of the 8,015 at Maine Road for the Swindon defeat. And many more......

When I was a student in Sunderland I made it back for all Saturday home games apart from one, the Huddersfield 10-1. What made it worse is I was at Roker Park watching a pisspoor 1-1 3rd division game at the same time. I had my radio and after the game all I can recall is tons of Mackems asking me what the Newcastle score was and I just kept mumbling "10-1, I have missed a 10-1 to watch this shit". Still feel scarred by it.

The 6-1 at the swamp, due to work commitments i’l never get enough points for a ticket there, must have been an amazing day for those lucky enough to have been there
I was there.never forget the split second silence as Mario,s accurate push kick found the net,at the far end to us,before absolute bedlam broke out in the away end.
Missed 6-1 at Burnley under Mancini,not a big game as such,but a brilliant performance, which was on sky....i just didnt fancy a trip to Burnley on a sunday.
Bad mistake.
Chelsea in the fa cup semi ,again under Mancini,never a fan of wembley,and certainly not semi finals at wembley....turned out to be a brilliant game and vintage Mancini performance..bad mistake again...
And Yofk away....

I was there.never forget the split second silence as Mario,s accurate push kick found the net,at the far end to us,before absolute bedlam broke out in the away end.
Missed 6-1 at Burnley under Mancini,not a big game as such,but a brilliant performance, which was on sky....i just didnt fancy a trip to Burnley on a sunday.
Bad mistake.
Chelsea in the fa cup semi ,again under Mancini,never a fan of wembley,and certainly not semi finals at wembley....turned out to be a brilliant game and vintage Mancini performance..bad mistake again...
And Yofk away....
Bad mistake.
And Yofk away....
I was on the burnley 6-1! How that game never got called off in 2nd half god only knows?! burnley got real lucky that day only the rain saved us from double figures

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.