Kevin and David vs Xavi and Iniesta

AdamManCity

How far behind are the heartbeat of our team behind them. In terms of quality and technique I don't think there is much in it, but xavi and iniesta were the centre of arguably the best club and international side of all time. So I wouldn't say david and Kevin come close yet, but how far off them are they both, the best two players I've seen play in a city shirt anyway and an absolute pleasure to watch them pull the strings every week.

It's only a brilliant run of games at the moment. They are incredible to us, but they need to finish with one of the big trophies to compare them to serial winners.

It's only a brilliant run of games at the moment. They are incredible to us, but they need to finish with one of the big trophies to compare them to serial winners.
This
X&I have won something like 7 La ligas , 4 Champions League , 1 World Cup. 2 European Championships together plus loads of other lesser titles
I think together our two have won one League cup
They look great but there is a fair bit to go against top sides before they can be remotely compared.

Got to win us some trophies first, including the Champions League. The Kev and David combination is very good, arguably the best in Europe, arguably only Real have as good a combination with Kroos and/or Modric & Isco with Casemiro being their glue.

Xavi and Iniesta were the best of the past 20 years though and won everything there is to win. Still a long way to go yet.

Last edited:
This
X&I have won something like 7 La ligas , 4 Champions League , 1 World Cup. 2 European Championships together plus loads of other lesser titles
I think together our two have won one League cup
They look great but there is a fair bit to go against top sides before they can be remotely compared.

David has a world cup, league title and fa cup to boot. David is on par with xavi...... iniesta was the master of ball possession and winning free kicks, fine players.

Still I would have david and kevin anyday!!!!!!

If we are comparing careers and achievements then obviously there is no comparison with Iniesta and Xavi and never will be Silva probably only has another 2 or 3 seasons. plus Xavi and Iniesta were fortunate enough to be the same nationality and have the opportunity to win world cups and euros together.
But if we are talking comparing performance levels at the moment with peak Xavi and Iniesta then there is something to debate and DeBruyne and Silva are very close to that level of influence and performance .

If it was a young David then I'm sure they'd be close to Xavi and iniesta (not saying better). If they do it against the best in the CL then they could equal them but until they do then Xavi and iniesta are well ahead. I personally don't think there's much between them in terms of talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.