Positional sense and the mind of Guardiola.

Interesting read but not quite right in many respects - especially the impact of poor officiating, the serious lack of pace for our fullbacks and pretty much zero mention of the worst goalkeeping I have ever seen at City.

A long article to be sure - I'll probably study it later this week when I have more time.

But last year, Pep had a team not suited for his methods - aging, lazy at times, not committed to pressing throughout the game. This must have had an impact on his team selection and formation, trying to overcome systemic problems. So, last years tactics, while possibly interesting, may not have much bearing this year.

Aside from the verbosity and unnecessary metaphors, I'm not sure about its accuracy, he talks about us not creating chances against Everton at home which just ain't true, their keeper was on fire that day.
If he doesn't get some of the basics right I'm not sure that I trust his judgement or assessment of formations that I cannot myself remember.
He makes no mention of the many glaring missed that we had.
It may be interesting but I don't know that I trust it as being accurate.

Aside from the verbosity and unnecessary metaphors, I'm not sure about its accuracy, he talks about us not creating chances against Everton at home which just ain't true, their keeper was on fire that day.
If he doesn't get some of the basics right I'm not sure that I trust his judgement or assessment of formations that I cannot myself remember.
He makes no mention of the many glaring missed that we had.
It may be interesting but I don't know that I trust it as being accurate.

what the fuck does it matter if its accurate, eh? this geezer knows his philosophy and war tactics and is not afraid to use it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.