Napoli post-match thread

You asked how would Napoli feel themselves without the ball mate. Was you question answered? :)
Sarri is probably the best positional play coach right now. Watched all their games this season and today's match has only confirmed my impression. I mean, I knew that someone will eventually appear and surpass Guardiola, but never thought that it's going to be a 58 yo former banker with less than 10 years of pro coaching experience...
They've made us look ordinary for most part of the game, and done it with a squad that is probably slightly worse than Arsenal's....Have no words. It's like another generation of Pepcelona football.

Pmsl.

Sarri better than pep......they made us look ordinary?

Pmsl.

Can someone with enough posts create a thread on Antonio Mateu Lahoz i.e. the most corrupt UEFA official to ever have refereed a football match?

His corruption extends beyond the match tonight: the decisions he made against us when we beat Monaco, such as the penalty he gave to them when Otamendi breathed on Falcao, and the penalty he didn't give to us when Aguero was hacked down by their keeper (Aguero was subsequently booked for diving) surely means he deserves his own thread to discuss his corruption?

Monaco game in case anybody needed reminding:

You asked how would Napoli feel themselves without the ball mate. Was you question answered? :)
Sarri is probably the best positional play coach right now. Watched all their games this season and today's match has only confirmed my impression. I mean, I knew that someone will eventually appear and surpass Guardiola, but never thought that it's going to be a 58 yo former banker with less than 10 years of pro coaching experience...
They've made us look ordinary for most part of the game, and done it with a squad that is probably slightly worse than Arsenal's....Have no words. It's like another generation of Pepcelona football.

They didn't make us look ordinary at all, I think you might need to rewatch if that's the impression you got. They had a good second half, they could have been 5-0 down by then, and they created no chances except through some penalties.

If any team looked ordinary at any point, it was Napoli in the first half hour, after that it was a very competitive game between 2 great sides, one chasing a goal and the other defending a lead.

a lot of fatigue in the second half and add that to what is really a fantastically technical team, so it's no surprise they came back in to it.

napoli press hard and play very similar to us, it was a great game of football but they didn't have many clear cut chances except for the stones block

away game is going to be top!

Napoli were very good, but we made them look better than they are because after 35 minutes, we lost our concentration & discipline. Hopefully all talk that we're Barca 2.0 will now end, we're City 1.5 & still a work in progress.

The baffling thing for me was Sane staying on & Sterling going off.
Thought Sterling vanished for a lot of that game, perhaps he was told to stay out wide ? correct decision to sub him for me he wasn't in the game.

Are we not one of the better teams in Europe? At home? We should have won comfortably the way we started but as it pans out, needed a saved pen and hanging on at the end to scrape a win.

It amazes me sometime that people seem unable to accept any criticism.
There's another team involved in a game of football and they can affect the outcome. The fact is they are a top side and to expect them to fold after getting off to a poor start, is a bit unlikely.

Is this what people call a Clarkie?

didn't think they actually caused us much trouble through their own good play, we gifted them 2 pens and arsing about at the back almost cost a goal 2nd half. Someone tell Ferny to stay well away from our own box, bloody liability at times in and around it with his "tackling".
Ederson superb again, 1st half 1st 30 minutes superb and should have been 4/5 up....hanging on a bit at the end. 2nd half performance was mediocre, the amount of times we misplaced simple 5 yard passes around midfield was astonishing for players of our ability.
Still, 9 points from 9 is ideal.
Sane...oh dear, still the lad keeps going nd keeps playing, you got to admire hime for that. Sterling vanished 2nd half and last 15 of the first.....no doubt the 93.20 podcast boys will tell us he was immense though.
Stones and Ota were excellent...forging a solid partnership.

Some people. Jesus wept.

Sterling was phenomenal. Absolutely phenomenal. What didn't help him was Walker had a mare by his standards. That's 2 in Europe for him now.

Sane, who I rave about, had a stinker by his standards. His first touch was shocking tonight.

Same with Fernandinho, by 60 mins he was shot.

We need to rotate some of these guys with weekend and keep them fresh.

Great result and some players were fantastic, especially Stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.