Bundesliga 2017/18

Recruitment is key it's going to be difficult to replace Lahm, Alonso, Ribery and Robben.
You are correct. My only worry is when they draw up a dream list of players, Kev and Leroy will be on it. I believe both are happy enough here (socially), but the German Rags are so arrogant I think they may try and turn their heads. Hope I'm wrong and anyway, the thrill of playing for Pep in this team should make every player want to be here. Maybe even, we could raid their sinking ship - a Boetang return could be the answer to Vinny's eventual replacement.

I think ourselves and Magdeburg are the only two sides to have won a European trophy and since then dropped below the 2nd tier (I think Magdeburg actually went to the 4th for a while). Forest went close last season, but another proud record for us to hold ;)

Its been on my list for a while as Uwe Rösler was there for a bit, and I've done most of his other clubs at this stage.

Pretty sure it was the Magdeburg fans the other year who brought big arrows pointing at the goal after the team were struggling to score.
I think forest dropped to the 3rd tier in 2005

You are correct. My only worry is when they draw up a dream list of players, Kev and Leroy will be on it. I believe both are happy enough here (socially), but the German Rags are so arrogant I think they may try and turn their heads. Hope I'm wrong and anyway, the thrill of playing for Pep in this team should make every player want to be here. Maybe even, we could raid their sinking ship - a Boetang return could be the answer to Vinny's eventual replacement.
I don't think they could afford any of our players.
Pep allows them to play like theyve always dreamt of playing
they feel they can win things
They are paid well
Manchester City, the club, is probably the bottom of a long list of reasons to stay,but until Bayern can equal what we provide, I can't see them going anywhere soon.

Pep will not go for Bayern players. He just yesterday was in Munich to meet Hoeneß privately - they are friends - he even told him who the future Bayern coach will be and Pep liked the idea.

I do not think that to replace Lahm and Alonso on the pitch is so difficult. Kimmich is playing differently - more active on the ball and less position orientated like Lahm did in combination with Robben and that might still be a difficulty - but nothing that cannot be coached into a good direction. But - Lahm and Alonso were important persons off the pitch. We have the leaders of the German national team in the team - Neuer, Müller, Hummels in combination with Khedira have taken over there and there it functions well - but you have to strengthen them at the beginning and Ancelotti did the opposite...

We had a strong 15/16 season mainly without Robben and Ribery - but with a very good and versatile system. Yes - I think that we need good replacements - but Bayern never had Messi/CR7 like superstars and because of the money a team based on superstars cannot be the way Bayern can go or would be competitive with.

We have to get back onto the way to play a very versatile on positioning based system - we have the players for it - a tactical astute coach who demands much of the players and gets the best out of it and can develop younger players - and some individuals who can provide some sparks within the team frame.

Pep will not go for Bayern players. He just yesterday was in Munich to meet Hoeneß privately - they are friends - he even told him who the future Bayern coach will be and Pep liked the idea.

I do not think that to replace Lahm and Alonso on the pitch is so difficult. Kimmich is playing differently - more active on the ball and less position orientated like Lahm did in combination with Robben and that might still be a difficulty - but nothing that cannot be coached into a good direction. But - Lahm and Alonso were important persons off the pitch. We have the leaders of the German national team in the team - Neuer, Müller, Hummels in combination with Khedira have taken over there and there it functions well - but you have to strengthen them at the beginning and Ancelotti did the opposite...

We had a strong 15/16 season mainly without Robben and Ribery - but with a very good and versatile system. Yes - I think that we need good replacements - but Bayern never had Messi/CR7 like superstars and because of the money a team based on superstars cannot be the way Bayern can go or would be competitive with.

We have to get back onto the way to play a very versatile on positioning based system - we have the players for it - a tactical astute coach who demands much of the players and gets the best out of it and can develop younger players - and some individuals who can provide some sparks within the team frame.

Out of curiosity, how would you rank Sane when compared with German players of a similar age?

I'm thinking specifically of the Bayern lads from a few seasons ago, who City beat quite comfortably in the CL Youth Tournament on a number of occasions.
However, apart from Denayer, those City youngsters are now in the Championship (at best) or playing in Holland or Spain.
What happened to the Bayern players?

Out of curiosity, how would you rank Sane when compared with German players of a similar age?

I'm thinking specifically of the Bayern lads from a few seasons ago, who City beat quite comfortably in the CL Youth Tournament on a number of occasions.
However, apart from Denayer, those City youngsters are now in the Championship (at best) or playing in Holland or Spain.
What happened to the Bayern players?

Bayern has a great generation coming - even if you do not know who or how many of them will make it and if they only make the league or even can play bigger roles. But not that of two years ago.

Sane is about the same age als Werner from Leipzig (who had 21 goals and 5 assists in the Bundesliga last season) - or Kimmich and Weigl or Goretzka from Schalke. All 21 or 22. Different positions but all developing fine and probably future world class players. All of them are in the roaster of the German national team - so apart from Kimmich nobody probably will be a starter.

Cheers mate!

That's really interesting, because in contrast, the England national team has stumbled upon Kane and Sir Marcus of Rashford almost by accident, whereas not so long ago, Barkley and Wilshire were seemingly the stars of the future.
Personally, I think Rashford is Welbeck Lite, but only time will tell.

2-0 for Magdeburg at Osnabruck (scene of half a dozen City fans being ejected from the train en route to Monchengladbach last season)

However, the real drama was at Stuttgart, where the visitors FC Koln, were awarded an injury time penalty, only for it to be rescinded (after a lengthy delay), by VAR technology.
In fact, even after watching it a dozen times, I still wasn't sure.

To compound the agony, Stuttgart then went upfield and scored a last minute winner.

I think ourselves and Magdeburg are the only two sides to have won a European trophy and since then dropped below the 2nd tier (I think Magdeburg actually went to the 4th for a while). Forest went close last season, but another proud record for us to hold ;)

Its been on my list for a while as Uwe Rösler was there for a bit, and I've done most of his other clubs at this stage.

Pretty sure it was the Magdeburg fans the other year who brought big arrows pointing at the goal after the team were struggling to score.

Forest have been in the third tier in the not too distant past.

Can anyone explain how far in advance the TV scheduling is fixed for Bundesliga matches, and any other variables to consider when planning a trip?

In the early stages of planning a trip over next April so I'd assume the TV schedule won't be set for a few months yet (presuming it's a similar practice to Premier League fixture scheduling), but if the match we're looking at gets moved to a Sunday slot it will mean needing Monday flights home and an extra night's accommodation.

The weekend we're looking at has no Europa League or Champions League games in the preceding week so no concerns there, the only thing (I think) that could affect it is TV scheduling changing the game from to the Friday or Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.