Bundesliga 2017/18

Can anyone explain how far in advance the TV scheduling is fixed for Bundesliga matches, and any other variables to consider when planning a trip?

In the early stages of planning a trip over next April so I'd assume the TV schedule won't be set for a few months yet (presuming it's a similar practice to Premier League fixture scheduling), but if the match we're looking at gets moved to a Sunday slot it will mean needing Monday flights home and an extra night's accommodation.

The weekend we're looking at has no Europa League or Champions League games in the preceding week so no concerns there, the only thing (I think) that could affect it is TV scheduling changing the game from to the Friday or Sunday.

Which game are you looking at going to? Whether you can get tickets will be the biggest variable. Its difficult to get tickets for a Bayern home game, and similarly games where Bayern or Dortmund are the away side.

Last year they announced games up to mid April on 15th December, and then games from mid April onwards on the 17th March. They generally seem to be around the same date each year, give or take a week.

The only other thing I'd consider is whether there is another game you could go to locally if you're going for the whole weekend, in Bundesliga 2 or lower.

Which game are you looking at going to? Whether you can get tickets will be the biggest variable. Its difficult to get tickets for a Bayern home game, and similarly games where Bayern or Dortmund are the away side.

Last year they announced games up to mid April on 15th December, and then games from mid April onwards on the 17th March. They generally seem to be around the same date each year, give or take a week.

The only other thing I'd consider is whether there is another game you could go to locally if you're going for the whole weekend, in Bundesliga 2 or lower.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll hear in December then but it might fall into the March release - we're looking at Dortmund v Leverkusen, currently scheduled for 21st April (and fully prepared for it to cost us a lot and that we'll probably have to go through Viagogo or similar, but we're prepared to just do it because it's a surprise present for a mate and we know he'd love to go to a Dortmund home game).

Good point on other local games - Dusseldorf, Cologne and Monchengladbach are all within a reasonable distance, would they be worth looking at? We were also considering a multi-city and going to an Ajax game too as they have a midweek game scheduled before that weekend.

Thanks. Hopefully we'll hear in December then but it might fall into the March release - we're looking at Dortmund v Leverkusen, currently scheduled for 21st April (and fully prepared for it to cost us a lot and that we'll probably have to go through Viagogo or similar, but we're prepared to just do it because it's a surprise present for a mate and we know he'd love to go to a Dortmund home game).

Good point on other local games - Dusseldorf, Cologne and Monchengladbach are all within a reasonable distance, would they be worth looking at? We were also considering a multi-city and going to an Ajax game too as they have a midweek game scheduled before that weekend.

If you register now I reckon you'll be able to get tickets, but maybe not on the südtribune. Register with both Dortmund and Leverkusen, because you might be able to get in the away section.

Suspect you'll have to wait until March unfortunately. Other games that weekend are Köln v Schalke, Mönchengladbach v Wolfsburg, or lower down Düsseldorf v Ingolstadt, or even Münster or Paderborn. Köln will be the best atmosphere out of those.

I'd be surprised if you cant get at least 2 games in between Fri-Sun. I think its Semi Finals of the Pokkal the Tues/Wed the midweek before too if you're going over early.

If you register now I reckon you'll be able to get tickets, but maybe not on the südtribune. Register with both Dortmund and Leverkusen, because you might be able to get in the away section.

Suspect you'll have to wait until March unfortunately. Other games that weekend are Köln v Schalke, Mönchengladbach v Wolfsburg, or lower down Düsseldorf v Ingolstadt, or even Münster or Paderborn. Köln will be the best atmosphere out of those.

I'd be surprised if you cant get at least 2 games in between Fri-Sun. I think its Semi Finals of the Pokkal the Tues/Wed the midweek before too if you're going over early.

Danke schön!

Danke schön!

Only just seen the previous comments, but I'd echo Aidan's point, regarding the number of opportunities.
Flybe offer cheap return flights to Dusseldorf, and the ideal scenario is to fly Friday Morning and return Monday Morning.
There are 5 Bundesliga teams within an hour, Dortmund is difficult without using Viagogo, but Schalke and Leverkusen have both got English-speaking ticket hotlines and will post the tickets to your home address.
You can buy tickets for Fortuna Dusseldorf (currently top of the 2nd division) at the Tourist Information Centre opposite the main Railway Station. There's also Duisburg and Bochum (a real happening place that goes under the English radar).

Can anyone explain how far in advance the TV scheduling is fixed for Bundesliga matches, and any other variables to consider when planning a trip?

In the early stages of planning a trip over next April so I'd assume the TV schedule won't be set for a few months yet (presuming it's a similar practice to Premier League fixture scheduling), but if the match we're looking at gets moved to a Sunday slot it will mean needing Monday flights home and an extra night's accommodation.

The weekend we're looking at has no Europa League or Champions League games in the preceding week so no concerns there, the only thing (I think) that could affect it is TV scheduling changing the game from to the Friday or Sunday.

Can’t you make a long weekend of it?

Fly over on the Friday, making sure you arrive in time for an evening kick-off and return on the Monday.

1. Bundesliga rarely has Monday fixtures; it’s usually a 2. Bundesliga game.

RB Leipzig just had a player sent off in the 13th minute away to Bayern. And as I say that James scores to make it 1-0

draw for the DFB-Cup

to be played on 19. and 20. Dec

1. FSV Mainz 05 - VfB Stuttgart
1. FC Nürnberg - VfL Wolfsburg
Bayern München - Borussia Dortmund
1. FC Heidenheim - Eintracht Frankfurt
SV Werder Bremen - SC Freiburg
Borussia Mönchengladbach - Bayer 04 Leverkusen
SC Paderborn - FC Ingolstadt 04
FC Schalke 04 - 1. FC Köln

QF 14. March2018,
SF 15. April 2018
final 19. May 2018

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.