Rival supporters enjoying our football

I never get the love-in for any team except your own. Couldn’t give a flying fuck for Barca, Brazil or any other team. Ever. City, and only City.

You support a great team though. Surely you can understand many of us can be fans of our local team and also a fan of good football.

some people just love football as a game and respect and enjoy the quality.

You support a great team though. Surely you can understand many of us can be fans of our local team and also a fan of good football.

I can sort of see where you are coming fan, whilst being an avid long life City fan, I appreciate good football played by other teams and I particularly enjoy watching Barca.
Great to hear that fans of other clubs enjoy watching us, long may it continue.

I am not a rival (palace fan - unless you think I am)

But yeah - I love your football.

Obviously you know De Boer wanted to play possession based attacking football at Palace. Were you upset he wasn’t given a proper chance or could you not see it working (long or short time)?

Obviously you know De Boer wanted to play possession based attacking football at Palace. Were you upset he wasn’t given a proper chance or could you not see it working (long or short time)?

yep and i stated it was the worst decision of all time and i couldn't believe Parish would make that decision- I could only assume it was the 3 new (75%) stake holders choice.

We lost what 4 easy games because of it? palace should have got at least 5 pts - then we had the run of man united, man city, chelsea after..

I obviously didnt expect the points of chelsea - was just hoping zaha making the impact v Newcastle and Roy hodgson not getting overly confused and just mirroring the Pulis/Allerdyce system , which our coaches and our players already know well. so not a bad system to get back into quickly.

Roy just needs to manage the coaches and stick to the counter attacking game,(not get confused as he did with england) with a solid team defensive performance and then unleash the fury(zaha) when we have a chance - and when we play lesser teams(not many granted) hopefully the front attacking forward 3 of zaha , benteke and townsend with the loanee from chavski can do the job with possesion but with one very clear eye on defence. We have what - cabaye that can kind of pass but he is aged and is slow - so will more than likely get trapped, townsend can pass a bit - zaha can pass and beat players but is still raw, benteke is not a bad striker but a bit messy on the ball- and no one else can pass for toffee.

True enough that. I used to love the football that Arsenal in their pomp played under Wenger around 2000-2004. It was probably easier to appreciate it as we weren't rivalling them for trophies but it was fantastic football nonetheless. I think many neutrals enjoyed watching Keegan's Newcastle team too. Obviously, United played some great stuff across a long period of time under Ferguson but that was a lot harder to stomach of course!

Completely understand mate. I love watching City but I love football for the sport itself also.

Watching the Barca team under Pep or the Milan/Ajax teams of the 90s even the Arsenal invincibles was a joy to watch. Sorry I cannot include Palace in that list :-)

I love football but could never get excited about watching any team but my own. Except Brazil in ’82. Cos they were fucking mustard!!

I agree with you years ago i used to like the way Norwich played .just honest enjoyable entertaining football i still enjoy watching Barcelona

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.