Mersey Gateway Bridge

I'm sure the £4 toll will make little difference when you're comparing flight prices. It will be the people who drive there on holiday, don't know they have to pay within a day, and come back off holiday to a £60 penalty, who will be miffed. The airport will have signs reminding passengers as they arrive.

I'm sure the £4 toll will make little difference when you're comparing flight prices. It will be the people who drive there on holiday, don't know they have to pay within a day, and come back off holiday to a £60 penalty, who will be miffed. The airport will have signs reminding passengers as they arrive.

know what you're saying and the driver mentioned it as well, but when someone enquires about a minibus, even though there are eight passengers to split the fare between, it's £25 more expensive than travelling to Manchester
Yes it's only £3 each, but his customers see £80 return to Manchester, £105 Liverpool

I'm a teacher and have to use the bridge every day. £80 a month is about £130 of gross earnings. Don't we already pay road fund license and have the highest fuel tax in Europe? I could well be forced to move schools.

you could always use the route you used prior to the bridge opening

there are no toll booths though .....its all done via ANPR and if you don't pay online by 11.59pm the next day you will receive a penalty notice. Police have advised that the theft of number plates in the Liverpool area have rocketed overnight.

Go here to register and save yourself 10%

https://www.merseyflow.co.uk/how-to-pay-for-a-crossing
well guess what....i got a fine for not paying.
we went over going to marton mere for my lads birthday and after getting lost trying to find the old bridge crossing the roads took us over the new bridge with the sat nav going mental and the wife in full on panic mode.
eventually we got across and totally forgot about it....didnt notice any signs...reminders or anything (possibly due to the arguement in the car about getting lost.
Any way we ended up staying longer than we though at marton mere as it was a nice day and on the way back a friend phoned and said why dont we nip round as we hadnt seen each other for ages ...so went round and ended up staying.
we drove back to manchester next morning and totally forgot about the whole thing.
last week the fine came through and i appealed with my boring story but they replied and basically called me a lier as they said "merseyflow ahs been well publicised in the media and by halton borough council"
so be warned and find a different way to go or make sure you pay it asap.
i certainly wont be travelling that way ever again and will go out of my way to avoid it in future. wankers.

well guess what....i got a fine for not paying.
we went over going to marton mere for my lads birthday and after getting lost trying to find the old bridge crossing the roads took us over the new bridge with the sat nav going mental and the wife in full on panic mode.
eventually we got across and totally forgot about it....didnt notice any signs...reminders or anything (possibly due to the arguement in the car about getting lost.
Any way we ended up staying longer than we though at marton mere as it was a nice day and on the way back a friend phoned and said why dont we nip round as we hadnt seen each other for ages ...so went round and ended up staying.
we drove back to manchester next morning and totally forgot about the whole thing.
last week the fine came through and i appealed with my boring story but they replied and basically called me a lier as they said "merseyflow ahs been well publicised in the media and by halton borough council"
so be warned and find a different way to go or make sure you pay it asap.
i certainly wont be travelling that way ever again and will go out of my way to avoid it in future. wankers.
Sorry to hear that Blue. I doubt you will be able to get out of paying the fine. I find the whole concept of it unfair. It's assuming everyone has internet access and are able to go online before 11.59pm that day to pay the toll. I'm sure there will be loads of people who use the bridge daily and end up panicking as to how they can pay for the pleasure if no internet. They should have at least a couple of manned booths so people can pay that way. Out of curiousity,if you was going to Marton Mere near Blackpool from Manchester,how come you went over the gateway bridge? Your sat nav seems to have been well playing up!;-)

thanks to this thread i've just remembered to pay mine. went over yesterday thinking i will pay it, forgot, though its easy to forget. what a stupid system.
i was expecting to see toll booths like in the mersey tunnel. theres just a sign saying pay before midnight next day.
they should have lay-bys where you can pull into, to pay with your phone straight away.
like someone else posted, im going to avoid this bridge in the future, go the long way round even with the time and fuel costs. not worth getting a £40 fine for crossing a bridge. with a toll booth you cannot forget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.