Worst injury celebrating a City goal

Had to give up my usual seat in the North Stand when we played Leeds in the FA Cup in 2000. They were pretty good at the time, so went wild when Ian Bishop scored a belter to put us 2-1 up. Leapt up from my seat in the Main Stand, only for a jagged bit of metal in the fixing to rip through my jeans and lacerate the back of my calf. Worth it at the time, but not 45 minutes later when we'd been dicked 5-2.

Had to give up my usual seat in the North Stand when we played Leeds in the FA Cup in 2000. They were pretty good at the time, so went wild when Ian Bishop scored a belter to put us 2-1 up. Leapt up from my seat in the Main Stand, only for a jagged bit of metal in the fixing to rip through my jeans and lacerate the back of my calf. Worth it at the time, but not 45 minutes later when we'd been dicked 5-2.
I remember that match, on a Sunday and I think the Goat from where we were and hit a deft volley. Saw it on the TV later and it came off his shin and floated over the keeper, as you said they were a very decent team at the time.

I remember that match, on a Sunday and I think the Goat from where we were and hit a deft volley. Saw it on the TV later and it came off his shin and floated over the keeper, as you said they were a very decent team at the time.

Ha, that was a speciality of Goater's! He perfected the technique against Charlton at home that same season I think.

Yeah, think that was when the likes of Kewell, Bowyer, Smith, Harte etc were all breaking through for Leeds. They battered us that day, to be fair.

Snapped my Achilles tendon after some fat fuck to my left jumped on it after SWP scored the fourth against Arsenal in the Adebayor game.

To this day, I believe it was on purpose, he wasn't celebrating any of our goals and had a whiff of Tarquin about him.

Ten months of my life on hold and lumping around a baby elephant boot.

I'll tell you how much the adrenaline was pumping after that result, I walked a mile back to the car, drove home and decided it might be worth going to the hospital a week later.

Doctors couldn't believe it.

Never reported it to St John's Ambulance at time, so no pay out.

not me but will explain, the day we play Newcastle at home early 90s feb I think the 3-3 about to leave for the game my sister rings from Glasgow she gone into labour gets in my new Carlton 24v GSI only had it 3 days flies up m6 m74 going a little faster than I should and I am trying to tune the radio so I can listen to the game as I look up the road had been completely covered in ice and snow there are cars flying everywhere hitting each other and centre reservation I am now heading towards a transit who is sideways still under control and trying to slow down but have no choice but to brake and swerve to miss the transit I go into a spin and slam in to armco wrote the car off only damage to me was my pride, moral of the story City comes before family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.