Our record in europe is a pretty decent one.

Another fact is that in City's 6 seasons in the CL they've done better than the rags 4 times (including the years when they didn't even qualify). But tell a rag that and he'll immediately default into denial. We'll do better than them in our 7th season too.
Doing better? Sorry, but winning the thing is the only thing. “we got to the 4th round of the fA cup, you only got to the 3rd.” Nah, clutching at straws for me. Let’s win the thing. Then we can start a few comparisons.

Think of the teams we have beaten over the years too.

Bayern
Barca
Sevilla
Porto
Feyenoord
Roma
Napoli
TNS

We’ve never beaten Bayern, Barca, Real, Roma, Napoli, Feyenoord, Sevilla, when it’s been knockout. That’ll be the time to start saying we’re becoming a force in Europe. We’ve won one european trophy, the ECWC. We need several more to have the right to say we’re a major european force. Talk of points per game, matches won in group games etc, count for little when compared to actual pots. Trophies, the only true measure.

We’ve never beaten Bayern, Barca, Real, Roma, Napoli, Feyenoord, Sevilla, when it’s been knockout. That’ll be the time to start saying we’re becoming a force in Europe. We’ve won one european trophy, the ECWC. We need several more to have the right to say we’re a major european force. Talk of points per game, matches won in group games etc, count for little when compared to actual pots. Trophies, the only true measure.
I do agree in many ways there. The biggest knock out win we had was PSG I would say. We need to start making it count in order for people to generally consider us a major force in Europe. Having said that we do have a good it's of teams we have beaten there given our reasonably poor recent European form.

do you know who you sound like?
A rag friend of mine used to talk about the great nights in Europe while we were in the Europa league, well a few years later we have played and beaten more of the top teams than any English team, so now they talk of trophy`s and of course they are important and they will come,
so how do you become a major force in Europe? are utd a major force in Europe? a quick look at who they played in their last 2 trophy`s say fraud
we will win this trophy so enjoy the nights of glory knowing everybody else think we are one of the top 4 teams in Europe and a major force

do you know who you sound like?
A rag friend of mine used to talk about the great nights in Europe while we were in the Europa league, well a few years later we have played and beaten more of the top teams than any English team, so now they talk of trophy`s and of course they are important and they will come,
so how do you become a major force in Europe? are utd a major force in Europe? a quick look at who they played in their last 2 trophy`s say fraud
we will win this trophy so enjoy the nights of glory knowing everybody else think we are one of the top 4 teams in Europe and a major force
If you think beating teams in the group stage makes us a euro force, dream on. Who, of the so called "top teams", have we beaten when it really mattered, ie, when it was knockout, or when the team we played wouldn't have qualified for the knockout? It's a short list. Of one. PSG. "Everyone else thinks we're one of the top teams in Europe". Get a grip. That is so far from reality. We haven't won our own league since 2014, and our last and only euro trophy was 1970. If you genuinely believe we're a major force in Europe, great, enjoy the delusion. We're playing sublime football at the moment. But we haven't won a carrot. If, or as and when we do, then we can call the shots. In the meantime, save the hyperbole for later.

If you think beating teams in the group stage makes us a euro force, dream on. Who, of the so called "top teams", have we beaten when it really mattered, ie, when it was knockout, or when the team we played wouldn't have qualified for the knockout? It's a short list. Of one. PSG. "Everyone else thinks we're one of the top teams in Europe". Get a grip. That is so far from reality. We haven't won our own league since 2014, and our last and only euro trophy was 1970. If you genuinely believe we're a major force in Europe, great, enjoy the delusion. We're playing sublime football at the moment. But we haven't won a carrot. If, or as and when we do, then we can call the shots. In the meantime, save the hyperbole for later.
which team has won more domestic trophy`s since Aguero`s goal which has scored more which has won more games which has had the most possession or pass more or won more points.
you might think winning in the knockout stage is the only game, but getting there matters just as much , quite frankly i find your view very much in line with utd fans when they want to besmirch city , I might be delusional but then so would be the Napoli manager and EUFA who have raised our ratings this week

Doing better? Sorry, but winning the thing is the only thing. “we got to the 4th round of the fA cup, you only got to the 3rd.” Nah, clutching at straws for me. Let’s win the thing. Then we can start a few comparisons.

I wouldn't disagree with you but it' makes for a good reality check for rags who, bizarrely, still say we're crap in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.