Is it time we went to a cashless stadium?

StevieAsk

I bought a pie and a pint before the game today in south stand level 3 and gave the lad the correct amount? He looked a bit vacant so I asked if the £8 I gave him was correct to which he said yes and then, very slyly, put it in his pocket. I was a bit shocked at first as to what I’d just seen so didn’t challenge him but instead I called the team leader over as I walked away and explained to her what had happened.
She said it wouldn’t be the first time and that she would try and keep an eye on him to see if she could catch him at it. I wasn’t convinced she was strong enough to do anything so I also tweeted supporter services who have said they will report it to the catering company.
It got me thinking how much money is being stolen around the ground in this way and is it time we went to a cashless card system like Dortmund or Ajax where you load a card up and use that to buy food and drink?

Cheeky Twat stealing money from our club. You've done the right thing reporting it. Not sure it's worth changing the whole system though based on one prick. If I remember correctly at Dortmund you had to buy vouchers to spend in the ground. Far too complicated in my opinion.

I bought a coffee is SS3 today and the lad rang it into the till, but then put the money in his pocket.

Cheeky Twat stealing money from our club. You've done the right thing reporting it. Not sure it's worth changing the whole system though based on one prick. If I remember correctly at Dortmund you had to buy vouchers to spend in the ground. Far too complicated in my opinion.

You buy a card for about £2 and then top it up whenever you like, a bit like an Oyster card.

Why are people not challenging this stealing right at the point it happens? I'd be making a right stink to get a Team Leader involved on the spot.

You buy a card for about £2 and then top it up whenever you like, a bit like an Oyster card.
ballache - remember it at Bayern - customers always lose - just enable contactless at every till - then you can just wave a card over it

Why are people not challenging this stealing right at the point it happens? I'd be making a right stink to get a Team Leader involved on the spot.

I was annoyed with myself that I didn’t call him out immediately but it took me a moment to register what I saw. Best thing I could do then was go straight to his team leader which I did.

I bet if the lad had said to you ''that'll be a fiver for cash'' (with a nod and a wink) you would have been quite happy with the arrangement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.