Is it time we went to a cashless stadium?

Theft is theft.

So anyone doing it should be sacked.

But there's a little bit of my that isn't bothered.

Why?

Because when City charge £2.50 for a 50p bottle of water, you know the club are ripping me and you off.

So the choice is to pay it, or remain thirsty.

Yes but why would anyone want to drink that stuff anyway?

Its all psychological, makes your body think you're drinking so it feels like a league game where you can get a real pint.

As for contactless, I instructed my bank to disable that particular feature on my card as I don't want it. I also very rarely use chip and pin, I'll only use it if I don't have enough cash in my wallet to cover the cost of what I'm buying.

It’s all about choices. I’ll happily pay £4 a pint rather than £3.50 say elsewhere if it means I can walk straight in to the stadium half hour before kick off. I don’t mind prices being slightly higher given that it’s only costing me £15 per game for my season ticket.

It might well be the franchise that looses out depending on the contract they may pay City a set fee and take the profits. As regards cashless then there’s a perfectly good system in place using bank cards so no need to invent another one. Personally I rarely use cash nowadays, lots of stores have removed the limit on Apple Pay transactions so that is more convenient than having to go to cash machines. Tesco have an app that you scan a QR code at the till and it charges your assigned bank account and gives you Tesco points at the same time.

Not being funny but why do people buy soft drinks and mars bars in the ground, there is an asda over the road take it in with you? Alcohol is obviously a different matter because you cant take it in.

Not being funny but why do people buy soft drinks and mars bars in the ground, there is an asda over the road take it in with you? Alcohol is obviously a different matter because you cant take it in.
You can take in flasks of hot vodka vimto. So I’ve heard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.