Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

Dzeko has given an interview in the Guardian. It's a good read. Can't be arsed to link it. Anyway 'speaks fondly of Roberto'. Pellers not so much. Player A likes manager B. Player B likes manager A. It was ever thus.

Appointing him was a godsend
Me for one could not care less about what a second choice goalkeeper thought of the man who dropped him and in turn went on to win the Cup, followed by the league with said goalkeeper in the sticks
The guy changed us as a team from losers to winners, and the fans from no hopers to genuine believers

PS. Given was a top keeper in cannon fodder teams, who would have 15 shots on target against them for him to make a few wonder saves, whilst getting nowhere near the crosses leading to goals. Bitter man in this article

Mrs S and I are enjoying a very nice break in Venice just now. I hadn’t realised that every gondolier was a city fan. Every one of them sings the Mancini song. In fact it’s the only song they sing! We get some strange looks when we join in!

Zenit beat Rosenborg 3-1 tonight in the Europa League, the one coming a couple of minutes from time when the match was long decided. A healthy gate of over 46k, too.

A good way to dispel the gloom after last weekend's disappointment. Hope it gives them a boost ahead of what's a very big game at CSKA on Sunday.

Dzeko has given an interview in the Guardian. It's a good read. Can't be arsed to link it. Anyway 'speaks fondly of Roberto'. Pellers not so much. Player A likes manager B. Player B likes manager A. It was ever thus.
So did Sergio in his book. Never had a problem with him. I'm still scratching my head at these superstars who despised him. From what I can gather. Hart. Nasri and maybe Vinnie had issue's with him. Oh and Chappie :)

Anyway we have moved on and as has been said he was what we needed back then.

Gave everyone a kick up the arse when he was here and probably was needed. Could be wrong but never heard of him having that attidude to staff at other clubs he was with. Fergies was famous for his hairdryer treatment. Hughes signed a lot of crocks for a lot of money so no wonder he was pissed about injured players. I think it was right move to move on, he was the perfect man for what was needed at the time, a winning mentality, and MP was ideal man to replace him with his nice guy attidude

Goalless draw away to 3rd-placed CSKA today. I saw the second half in a pub and, though Zenit had slightly the better chances, it looked like one of those games neither side felt they could afford to lose. The gap between them was 4 points going into the game, and Zenit are probably happy it hasn't narrowed, while the Moscow team will be pleased it didn't widen.

Second-placed Lokomotiv now face Krasnodar, who are in poor form right now, at home in the late Sunday game. Win, as you'd expect, and the Muscovites will trail Zenit only on goal difference.

I was wrong about Lokomotiv playing last night. Their game is tonight. Mancini complained in his post-match interview that Zenit weren't also allowed to play on Monday - they made a request but it was turned down. He thought that a draw was a fair result, but was disappointed. He stated that his team showed a bit of tiredness after playing on Thursday (CSKA had an extra day to recover from their CL fixture), but was pleased that they dug in as the game wore on to become the better team in the second half.

Anyway, they have no midweek game this week (there are domestic cup fixtures but Zenit are already out), so the players should be fresher for next Sunday's league game. That's a top-two clash at home to Lokomotiv, so a really big one.

Mancini also managed to get in a touchline row last night with the CSKA player Mario Fernandes. The Zenit manager made clear his displeasure at an 11th-minute challenge that earned Fernandes a booking, and the Portuguese player came to confront him before the pair were separated. Asked if he regretted the incident, Roberto said: "No, Fernandes conducted himself badly and I couldn't fail to react!"

rue9eea8ec6e6.png

Petrusha, Mancini keeps getting linked with various jobs in England, any hints over there he could move ? I love the bloke but it would be strange if he was then managing Leicester or West Ham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.