Huge fortnight ahead

At the corresponding time last season we were joint top on goal difference with Liverpool and Arsenal on 20 points after 9 games, but the wheels had fallen off(going off the games played rather than the calendar year).

We were preparing for a League Cup tie at Utd where we would get bet beat 1-0.

We had won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1 in the league. Spurs had just beaten us at the Lane 2-0. And we'd also drawn at Celtic 3-3 and got beat 4-0 at Barca.

The only thing that worries me at the moment is the lack of defensive cover - we have lost Vinny and Mendy.

Beat Wolves on Tuesday then focus on beating West Brom. One game at a time. The thing that will beat us is complacency, if City allow it to creep in.

We have to believe we can do it and I think the players do too we all need to give a 100% on and off the pitch. If we can win our next 3 games we are flying. There's a few long faces in work today mainly rags :)

In answer to the fans who say 1 the rags should win in the other the spurs should win. Surely the best result for us would be if their game is a draw. Then if we win we will then pull more points away from both of them.

Worry About West Brom with there hatchet men going around like possessed men and kicking anything that moves.

A draw between Spurs and United is ideal for us right now as it's hard to tell who is more of a danger to us. If United can get no more than 1 point from the next two games, that's 2 points from 12 for them, huge pressure on Mourinho and we will hopefully be 10 points clear of them, that's a huge margin and will require a monumental effort from them and a pro-longed period of piss poor form from us for them to recover.

I actually think if we got 10 points ahead of Jnited and held that margin till Christmas, the 'special one' would tuck his tail firmly between his legs and simply play for a top 4 finish and a cup.

At the corresponding time last season we were joint top on goal difference with Liverpool and Arsenal on 20 points after 9 games, but the wheels had fallen off(going off the games played rather than the calendar year).

We were preparing for a League Cup tie at Utd where we would get bet beat 1-0.

We had won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1 in the league. Spurs had just beaten us at the Lane 2-0. And we'd also drawn at Celtic 3-3 and got beat 4-0 at Barca.

The only thing that worries me at the moment is the lack of defensive cover - we have lost Vinny and Mendy.

We look so much better though, than last year, so even if we were to lose a game soon (and I reckon Napoli away is the most likely) I don't think it would cause a run of bad results. As others have said, complacency and injuries are our enemy at the moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.