Bernardo penalty debate - no case to answer.

I know i did. And that was my point. The exaggeration of throwing himself in the air is something we don't want in football but it's currently accepted and necessary because as the refs aren't good enough/don't get enough help to spot those in real time. I also think we need clarity on what is defined as a dive. For me, a dive is any unnatural movement or exaggeration, so in this example i think it's actually both a penalty and a dive. In an ideal world, we'd have a video ref in the stands able to spot the foul and give a penalty but also book Bernardo but then there would be no need for an unnatural fall if everybody knew there was a ref in the stands watching and able to spot any contact.
I'm not even sure he over egged it much, his arms came out in front of him but the weight of the keeper's knee on his foot and then releasing it in quick succession might have jolted him, similar to someone stepping on your shoelaces, your arms naturally go out as a reflex to it.

I know i did. And that was my point. The exaggeration of throwing himself in the air is something we don't want in football but it's currently accepted and necessary because as the refs aren't good enough/don't get enough help to spot those in real time. I also think we need clarity on what is defined as a dive. For me, a dive is any unnatural movement or exaggeration, so in this example i think it's actually both a penalty and a dive. In an ideal world, we'd have a video ref in the stands able to spot the foul and give a penalty but also book Bernardo but then there would be no need for an unnatural fall if everybody knew there was a ref in the stands watching and able to spot any contact.
Fair play then!

I disagree on the definition of diving. For me, it's faking a foul where there isn't one. If there's a foul, then I'm okay with calling attention to it until we get proper video review.

The way forward is to have a video ref .after saying that the press would not be able to slag City of for a week then Richard Keys on BEIN sport convinced it was a blatent dived and wanted retrospective action .MOTD pundits and many journalists say clear penalty your glass is either half full or half empty

That it even went as far as being looked at for retrospective action is a joke, the ref awarded a penalty, so he obviously saw something.
Video replays clearly show Pope's knee coming down on Bernardo's foot/ ankle and pinning it momentarily.
Players get criticised for staying on their feet, when if they'd gone down it'd be a penalty, yet when Bernardo went down, it's a blatant dive, make your mind up!
Considering the simple of Pope to Bernardo, no wonder he went flying and shrieked a little!

That it even went as far as being looked at for retrospective action is a joke, the ref awarded a penalty, so he obviously saw something.
Video replays clearly show Pope's knee coming down on Bernardo's foot/ ankle and pinning it momentarily.
Players get criticised for staying on their feet, when if they'd gone down it'd be a penalty, yet when Bernardo went down, it's a blatant dive, make your mind up!
Considering the simple of Pope to Bernardo, no wonder he went flying and shrieked a little!

Do we have any evidence it went that far? All footage is reviewed every weekend and if anything is spotted its then referred to a panel of 3 to decide if retrospective action needs to be taken. Have the FA actually said this went to a panel?

If there had not been an initial foul caused by the contact then the deceit clause would have been relevant.
However if he had managed to do a massive swan dive after the foul coupled with a Franny Lee slide into the back of the net there would still be no offence committed because as I understand it the reference is purely for deceit not for exaggeration.

Most of the media accept that a foul was committed so their point of view regarding the FA rule is frankly irrelevant.

Even as a Blue I hated the way he went down and rolled three or for times like he was in that downhill cheese race.

There’s no fucking need for it.

In my opinion, it was a penalty AND he dived. The theatrics could have made it a non-penalty. Just go down, simply go down to the floor when you’ve been fouled. Don’t add an extra flick of your body from feet to head like you’ve been shot out of a cannon and roll round three times. Just go down and stay there.

This sort of shit is just one of many things that makes football less good than it should be and I don’t want City players doing it at all.

I do feel like this was made too big a deal about. Yes the way he fell looked bad but he clearly got his ankle sort of twisted which is why it was a pen.

Even as a Blue I hated the way he went down and rolled three or for times like he was in that downhill cheese race.

There’s no fucking need for it.

In my opinion, it was a penalty AND he dived. The theatrics could have made it a non-penalty. Just go down, simply go down to the floor when you’ve been fouled. Don’t add an extra flick of your body from feet to head like you’ve been shot out of a cannon and roll round three times. Just go down and stay there.

This sort of shit is just one of many things that makes football less good than it should be and I don’t want City players doing it at all.
You exaggerate the exaggeration.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.