Wolves post match

Wolves were fantastic,very well organised,with an obvious,brilliantly executed,game plan.Their manager has apparently worked wonders as they have a fantastic team spirit and work rate.I ceratinly dont think they will embarass themselves should they gain promotion.

As for us,ultimately we came through a very tough test with an unfamiliar team.Pep would have learnt plenty,especially with January in mind.

Good proper cup game to be honest. Surprised it went to penalties. Think the ref was a bit dodgy, seemed OK with them holding us back physically over and over.

Zinchenko was great on the ball and really pit in a shift. Defensively his positioning was off or he tired later on, certainly tweaked his hammy. Either that or their right winger was offside a few times, was looking over at the linesman but that official was repeatedly yards behind the play.

Yaya I think the plan was to have him sit so mangala could shift left to cover if needed. Unfortunately both were sub par which made our night harder.

But great penalties from us, and great stops from Bravo too throughout. No need to overreact, wolves are not a poor side and it was those lads cup final.

There was a slide challenge late on from behind which looked like two footed, only got a yellow though, looked worse to me.

Not seen the sun's article on us being expelled from the competition yet, wouldn't click on their site willingly. But I counted only one sub in extra time anyway.

Jesus off
Bernardo off
Danilo off
Tosin off

Sane on
Kevin on
Walker on
Stones on

That was it, wasn't it? Three in normal and one in extra time. Sun in unresearched bollox news shocker?

Oh one last thing, as a spectator ABBA pentalies are shite. Go back to alternating please.

Mangala was diabolical nearly cost us the match twice. Is that 12 wins in a row???

He isnt the answer we all know that but he was clearly fouled for the 2nd chance if not even the first.

The ref was last was a complete joke in the way he virtually waved away and ignored fouls all night long.

Too many sub's? The Sun are running a story that we and Arsenal broke the rule's, as you are only allowed one sub after extra time and we made two. Talking about expulsion or replay

We'll get expelled, while Arsenal will get a fine of 50p.

We literally had 9 men on the pitch in the last 15 minutes and were still dominating the game.
That said they had their moments on the break. Watching Zinchenko chase back reminded me of GazBaz but with lead boots on lol
Also glad the winning run of games is over as it takes the pressure off the players. Another winning run of 10 starting at West Brom will do very nicely thank you.

Good proper cup game to be honest. Surprised it went to penalties. Think the ref was a bit dodgy, seemed OK with them holding us back physically over and over.

Zinchenko was great on the ball and really pit in a shift. Defensively his positioning was off or he tired later on, certainly tweaked his hammy. Either that or their right winger was offside a few times, was looking over at the linesman but that official was repeatedly yards behind the play.

Yaya I think the plan was to have him sit so mangala could shift left to cover if needed. Unfortunately both were sub par which made our night harder.

But great penalties from us, and great stops from Bravo too throughout. No need to overreact, wolves are not a poor side and it was those lads cup final.

There was a slide challenge late on from behind which looked like two footed, only got a yellow though, looked worse to me.

Not seen the sun's article on us being expelled from the competition yet, wouldn't click on their site willingly. But I counted only one sub in extra time anyway.

Jesus off
Bernardo off
Danilo off
Tosin off

Sane on
Kevin on
Walker on
Stones on

That was it, wasn't it? Three in normal and one in extra time. Sun in unresearched bollox news shocker?

Oh one last thing, as a spectator ABBA pentalies are shite. Go back to alternating please.
It was 2 in normal time and 2 in extra time. It's a non-story though as, not only is it in the sun it is 'written' by Charlie Wyatt! The argument is you're allowed 1 extra sub in extra time and we (and Arsenal made 2). Of course, this is nonsense as we both made one 'extra' sub in extra time having made 3 up until then. Logically, Wyatt is implying the rule means that, had City, Arsenal or anyone else for that matter, made no substitutions at the end of 90 minutes, the new law would mean they could only make one. Whatever reason the law was changed that wasn't it.....

Pretty sure zinchenko was injured in the 2nd half of extra time. 20 years old on his debut in a position he doesn't play in I'd lay off the lad. Showed good feet and looked very tidy at times. Yep defending was poor but made a very important tackle at the end tbf

Pretty sure zinchenko was injured in the 2nd half of extra time. 20 years old on his debut in a position he doesn't play in I'd lay off the lad. Showed good feet and looked very tidy at times. Yep defending was poor but made a very important tackle at the end tbf

To me he looked like he was literally dead on his feet and didn’t have an ounce of energy left in his body

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.