Jones
Rose
Valencia
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Mendy
Stones
Otamendi
I feel that although that is a decent team it sacrifices height and power and defensive solidity for players who are flashy going forward, I'd replace Walker and Rose with Smalling and Mangala and maybe Sanchez for Mendy.

He is an absolutely fantastic shot stopper, but not that great elsewhere, imo. The 2nd goal Huddersfield scored, being a perfect example.
+1
De Gea has lightning reflexes and stops shots like nobody's business. His distribution/composure on the ball though is total crap - put him under pressure and he'll misplay the ball.

Taking into account current injuries:

De Gea
Walker
Alderweireld
Jones
Ben Davies (not how long he is out but has been great this season)
Matic
De Bruyne
Silva
Eriksen
Kane
Sterling/Rashford (can’t decide)

4-3-3.

De Gea
Walker
Alderweireld
Jones
Matic
De Bruyne
Silva
Eriksen
Kane

4-3-3.
Ha,ha Jones ahead of Stones.....brilliant!!

It does all depend on the system you use and what you want to do.
United's best player is probably DeGea but for City's system Pep would almost certainly prefer Emerson and then Loris for better sweeping and distribution.
Conversely our best player is Debruyne who Mourinho got rid of. Our players who got the Mourinho profile best are probably Walker and Otamendi.
As we saw last night players who haven't played together are at a real disadvantage to those who have even when talented.
I am not to sure which United players Pep would take to replace in the first team, possibly Pogba when fit, but it's unclear who he'd replace.
Many of Spurs best players play in the same position as ours, though I think Vertonghen would be a comfortable upgrade at left sided central defence or possibly left back assuming Mendy and Rose are injured.

De Gea

Toby A
Vertongen
Kompany

Walker
Matic
KDB
D.Silva
Rose

Jesus
Kane

Subs: Ederson, Stones, Dier, Alli, Aguero, Dembele, Lukaku

De Gea
Walker
Alderweireld
Jones
Matic
De Bruyne
Silva
Eriksen
Kane

4-3-3.
----------------Ederson
Walker-----Stones---Alderweireld------Mendy
---------------Fernandinho
---------KDB------------D.Silva
--------jesus------Kane-----Sane

The only class player you have is De gea, but Ederson is better. Better distribution, and commands his area.

Rashford ahead of Jesus or Aguero. Be serious man! Rashford has scored 13 league goals in 3 seasons. Rashford is exciting to watch, but if I was a Utd fan his finishing would really frustrate me.

I think Spurs have a stronger 11 than Utd, but Utd have the strongest depth of any 1st team squad in the Premier league which possibly explains why you do well in the Cups. Arsenal are another team who have a lot of depth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.