Wolves post match

Thought wolves were great and total respect to their fans.

I think the negativity towards Wolves by some is frustration on their part to be honest....you weren't the 1st team and won't be the last to park the bus....if we score it changes your tactics as has happened with other teams we've played this season but we couldn't find the right pass in the last 3rd and when we did everything was straight at your keeper which hasn't been a problem upto last night and we were well below our best ....

your right in what your saying why should any team come and try to match City it would be foolish and will only usually end in heavy defeat....

I thought Wolves worked extremely hard and carried out the game plan well and on another night could well have gone home with the win but for Bravo

Anyway good look for the rest of the season and I hope you get promotion back to the prem
I agree with this.

Wolves fan here. I've always had a lot of time for City, a proper club with a rich history and loyal fans. Not totally dissimilar to us. But reading some comments on here I fear some are forgetting their roots and sounding like the precious red halves of Manchester and Liverpool.

What were we supposed to do? Try and go toe to toe with a team that had £300m worth of talent on the starting XI? Because that's gone really well for all who have gone before us. Sorry but we didn't play anti-football or anything like it. We simply defended deep and looked to get you on quick breaks. Which we almost did four times.

Genuinely hope you win the league this year, and I'm guessing some of those being so disparaging probably aren't the same folk who were there for the lean years at Maine Road.
One of the toughest opponents weve faced this season , a game I wasnt looking forward to due to your recent form , I hope you get promoted this year , Ive been following us since the early 70s and the majority of us havent forgot were we were not so long ago , I am more than grateful for the journey we are currently on and under no illusions that it wont last forever

Wolves fan here. I've always had a lot of time for City, a proper club with a rich history and loyal fans. Not totally dissimilar to us. But reading some comments on here I fear some are forgetting their roots and sounding like the precious red halves of Manchester and Liverpool.

What were we supposed to do? Try and go toe to toe with a team that had £300m worth of talent on the starting XI? Because that's gone really well for all who have gone before us. Sorry but we didn't play anti-football or anything like it. We simply defended deep and looked to get you on quick breaks. Which we almost did four times.

Genuinely hope you win the league this year, and I'm guessing some of those being so disparaging probably aren't the same folk who were there for the lean years at Maine Road.

Thought you were commendable and showed impressive levels of discipline and stamina in testing conditions. Was surprised how many Wolves fans lacked confidence in their own starting eleven (read a couple of forums), but based on that performance, you should have sufficient depth to go the distance in the league. The top division would be a better place for your return. Still can't forgive you for '74 though... ;-)

Bluemoon is not representative of the vast majority of City fans mate.

Your boys played really well last night, had a gameplan and stuck to it.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

On the contrary mate I’ve seen a lot more praise for Wolves performance on here than criticism. Believe me if you’d played Liverpool or the Scum you would not see any praise at all on their respective forums.

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome chaps. I spent three very happy years at uni in Manchester in the 90s, purely due to my love of all things Madchester, which is why I have so much respect for your city and football club.

All the best for rest of the season, I'm fairly surely you'll go on and win the league. But if you have any moments of frustration, such as last night, just think back to the 88th minute vs Gillingham and how different things could have been!

I think Wolf In Sheep's Clothing is reading too much into the comments about the game from a City fans perspective, it's more about how the media will spin our respective performances and what they'll make of it. Already some blues flapping saying other clubs will look at this as a blueprint, been found out etc. Their gameplan wasn't new, Wolves played exactly as we expected them to with the squad they have but credit has to be given because to do what they did isn't easy even against our fringe players(they put a real shift in all over the pitch).

What is missed though is that we weren't on our game from the start due to playing with fringe players, yes they made the same amount of changes but they don't play our system and it's not a system you can look good in if you're falling short in defence and midfield. We also have a manager who wont compromise on certain aspects of our system whichever squad(and formation) he picks, he'd rather we lose trying to play in the right way and concede we weren't good enough at what we were trying to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.