Have you seen this nonsense....

Absolute nonsense and a non-story - was also featured in The Sun. Read on another thread that 6 or 7 teams did the same in Round 2 but all started I think on Twitter by some idiot Norwich fan making up his own rules.

The fourth sub was in extra time and I don't think there is a rule saying the third sub has to be used in the first 90 minutes.I

tv commentator said new rules allow for a fourth sub in extra time. non story.

It's been covered in the Carabao Cup thread and answered in this post

Competition rules state that 3 substitutions can be made AT ANY TIME DURING THE MATCH with an additional substitution available if the match goes into extra time. As extra time is part of the match, the original three substitutions can be made then as well as the extra one. Pity the so called sports journalists at the Sun don't understand the rules.

This just shows the level of sports journalism in this country though. You can apparently get a job as a sports journalist without knowing the rules of the sport you're reporting on, and apparently, without knowing where to look up the rules.

Lazy journalists if they dont know the rules should luck them up brfire spouting nonsense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.