Form/ Plan 'B'...

#reallyworried
#bottom3islooming
giphy.gif

He means not selecting the same 10 or 11 players every league game, but rotating more often in league games to ensure we can sustain our performances for longer. I don't think he means a plan B in terms of a change of style.
Probably.

But that's not what "Plan B" means - at least I've never heard it used in the context of rotation - rather it means a change in style/formation to remedy defects in strategy.

OP ought to change the thread title to "I'm Worried About Lack of Attacking Midfield Rotation" or some such if that's his actual concern.

So, for everyone who thinks i'm 'flapping' after 8 games, obviously haven't thought about the ensuing amount of games that need high intensity press and attack.

For some reason, you don't think that players fade.

I'd be surprised if David S doesn't injure that fickle ankle of his, Kev form dips through playing his high level, game in, game out and, Ferns form also dips with the constant link up of defence to attack and cover.

When these parts of the engine fail, we fook up. We've all seen it. Both Kev and Fern look like they're running through treacle in critical games, leaving us massive holes in the middle.

Scorn, if you like, but this has happened before through lack of rotation.

So, for everyone who thinks i'm 'flapping' after 8 games, obviously haven't thought about the ensuing amount of games that need high intensity press and attack.

For some reason, you don't think that players fade.

I'd be surprised if David S doesn't injure that fickle ankle of his, Kev form dips through playing his high level, game in, game out and, Ferns form also dips with the constant link up of defence to attack and cover.

When these parts of the engine fail, we fook up. We've all seen it. Both Kev and Fern look like they're running through treacle in critical games, leaving us massive holes in the middle.

Scorn, if you like, but this has happened before through lack of rotation.
I actually agree with the sentiment that it would be nice to have more attacking midfield rotation - the title of your thread though, suggests something completely different.

Change your thread title to "We Have a Hugely Talented Attacking Midfield - Why Aren't We Rotating More?" - or something like that, and I suspect that you'll get a much more sympathetic response.

As is, the title suggests that you want us to change tactics when failing to put away stubborn opposition and that you're worried about form.

Last edited:
Probably.

But that's not what "Plan B" means - at least I've never heard it used in the context of rotation - rather it means a change in style/formation to remedy defects in strategy.

OP ought to change the thread title to "I'm Worried About Lack of Attacking Midfield Rotation" or some such if that's his actual concern.

Well, actually, that's a good point.

Say KDB and Fern are out of form and both David S Il G are injured (a possible scenario knowing our squad injury list), what would be the likeliest scenario that keeps up our high tempo game?

You've lost a game, we've played 9 (13 including CL and FLC), and only failed to win 1 of them, hardly sign of a crisis.

Most have just had a week between games, but you're right that rotation will need to increase now, but we won't be rotating the whole defence or the whole midfield, outside the FLC, just one or two at a time, and those that come in are more than capable without much (or even any) drop off of quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.