Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Anyone else enjoy his passion when he says "And it's live!!!' ? Seems so forced
This is the thing with him. Apart from his obvious bias, he's stopped commentating on the match years ago and now seems to be trying to find soundbites.

I remember one season about 10 years or so ago. Every time United or Arsenal were on, he was trying to scream "ROONEY, HENRY, VAN NISTLEROOY, REYES!" whenever one of the star players went near the ball. I said to a mate that it's like he's sorting out the advert for when they play each other in advance.

His "Aguero" moment was natural because he wasn't trying to find the perfect moment, it just happened. He has reached the top in his profession but as soon as he did, seemed to crave legendary status a la Wolstenholme.

Kenneth Wolstenholme used to commentate on the match and didn't talk shite for ninety minutes like Tyler does.
You mean like "And it's Bobby to George to Denis. Oh, Bell's intercepted it, passed to Summerbee, who passes to Lee who scores a lucky goal!"

That Kenneth Wolstenholme?

The names may have changed, but the content hasn't.

Thought I'd bump this as I've just watched premier league's greatest moments from the other night on sky one. An updated version of previous showings, the QPR game is second on the list and Martin tyler pops up talking about the agueeeroooo moment and he actually gets tears in his eyes when describing it, he genuinely gets upset about the moment.

Thought I'd bump this as I've just watched premier league's greatest moments from the other night on sky one. An updated version of previous showings, the QPR game is second on the list and Martin tyler pops up talking about the agueeeroooo moment and he actually gets tears in his eyes when describing it, he genuinely gets upset about the moment.

Yeah tears in his eyes because his beloved rags had just lost the league...he's such a biased bastard who arse licks the rags and follows the party line....would kick him in the bollocks and give him proper tears in his eyes

I had a blowtorch to the **** feet at the time ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.