Carabao Cup 5th Round Draw

I reckon the balls were in 2 halves at the bottom of the draw ball. The actual ties are not fixed, just the permutations available.
This cup had become less important, for most Premier teams and many lower league sides. The money is in promotion.
Dear old Carabao, in their 1st season of sponsorship, surely would want the chance of a "big" club final.

I reckon the balls were in 2 halves at the bottom of the draw ball. The actual ties are not fixed, just the permutations available.
This cup had become less important, for most Premier teams and many lower league sides. The money is in promotion.
Dear old Carabao, in their 1st season of sponsorship, surely would want the chance of a "big" club final.
That sounds like a Champions League draw?

Got a decent draw, albeit away.
=======
As a City fan, I love seeing my team play as often as possible, and the League Cup affords one more opportunity to watch my favorite team.

But continued participation in yet another tournament - the least important cup - has to be a drain on team resources - if we sustain an injury to a key player during the League Cup, or if our team is fatigued going into the game following a League Cup tie - which then leads to dropped points - well, really, I'd much rather we'd drop out of this competition as early as possible.

That sounds like a Champions League draw?

Bit different, due to the constraints of the CL draw its a different beast, this was an easy fix and as i and others have said, 22.5 pct chance of the big 4 being kept away from the small four, less than 5 percent chance of that happening while Chelsea and Arsenal are drawn at home, and if you want to know the chances of that happening while Utd get the weakest team in the group its less than 1.5 percent. However that's pointing out a specific list of outcomes so its always going to look biased. Why do busses come in threes etc.

Next time if City get Accrington and United get Real Madrid away it will look equally implausible.

CL is difficult, and not east to predict because it is different depending on the number of teams from the same countries

City's Carabao Cup quarter-final game with Leicester has been set for December 19 with a 7:45pm kick-off. It will be shown on Sky Sports.

Let's not forget where we or any other Premier League team have come from! We were all members of the Football League once and ultimately but for Sky greed we would this evening be top of the English 1st Division and part of the English Football League.

In short, the League Cup has a longer history than the Premier League and we should not become so arrogant that we consider it not worth winning. Whether it be Tueart's acrobatics, Yaya's wonder strike or Caballero's saves, those moments have gave me as much to cheer as almost any other moment (perhaps less Aguero) in my time supporting City.

I for one would certainly want to win it again this year and ultimately we support our team in the hope we can witness success and make memories.

Everything you say is very true, but.........the times they are a-changing. Unfortunately (and I really mean that) the League Cup has clearly become an inconvenience to the top clubs already involved in Europe and thus has been greatly devalued - possibly beyond repair. It's a great shame that apart from the the semis & the final this competition is now bordering on being meaningless. Nothing like it was back in 1970 & !976 !

Everything you say is very true, but.........the times they are a-changing. Unfortunately (and I really mean that) the League Cup has clearly become an inconvenience to the top clubs already involved in Europe and thus has been greatly devalued - possibly beyond repair. It's a great shame that apart from the the semis & the final this competition is now bordering on being meaningless. Nothing like it was back in 1970 & !976 !
And 2014 and 2016.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.