City march on!

I'm with Travis on this one. Bookies wouldn't have paid out for City "winning" the Wolves game. Great that we got through and great that we're so fucking brilliant (that 3rd goal today!!!) but as far as the winning run is concerned if you draw 0-0 in 90 minutes you can't really call it a win.

They wouldn't if you had put a bet on to win after 90 mins.

They *would* if you'd bet on the winner of the tie.

Because it does.

Organised sport has rules, otherwise it's just messing about. These rules vary from one sport to another and sometimes they vary within the same sport. In football certain cup competitions are decided over two legs and others by extra time and penalties, because in cup competitions, unlike regular Premiership/Championship games, there must be a winner to progress to the next round, so a draw is not allowed, that's the rules. Both teams know this and respond accordingly, sometimes teams change their entire league game plan to a cup game plan in order to play for penalties, particularly if they reckon the opposition is better than they are.

To state as you do....

You are being deliberately disingenuous, you're clearly wumming, because in cup competitions there are different sets of rules to regular league games, it is quite possible to win a game on penalties after a goalless 120 minutes, both teams know this, the supporters do, the commentators do and the record books record it.

We're off to Naples next week to play a Champions League game, but why bother? We won the game at the Etihad so we should tell the Italians to f**k off, but we can't do that because we all play each other in a group, home and away, and whoever gets the most points wins the group and the team that comes second progresses but etc, etc, blah, blah, blah....Cup competitions eh? So many variations!

But you know this, you're just being a pr**k.

Why so much anger?? Just because I don’t agree with a few posters on here saying that our winning run continues.
It’s a forum mate.
I’m saying it’s a draw ok.

Not trying to wind anyone up mate.
But on the Bluemoon fixture list when they do put the result up, it will say, 0-0 (Won 4-1 on pens)
What ever way people dress it up .did we lose the game ?no did we go to the next round ? yes why because we won the game.City Historian Gary James says it a win so that will do for me mate dont forget Bluemoon says we Won 4-1 on penalties so a win is a win .hope i cleared that up for you lol

Counting a 0-0 draw as a win is the raggiest thing I have ever heard on here. The match was a draw. The tie was decided on penalties. We are City not that fucking lot who count the fucking charity shield as a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.