City march on!

Ok then little scenario for you then.

What if, let’s say we are on a winning streak of 10 games come next March. We then have a Champions League home/away KO tie and a Premierleague game sandwiched in between.

We win the first leg 2-0 and then win the Premierleague game to take the winning run to 12 matches.
In the second leg we lose 2-0 AET. The tie goes to penalties which we win to go through to the next round.

So in your opinion does that count as a win to take the winning run to 13 matches even though we lost on the night?

And your point is?

In my books, it's a draw or a loss if you haven't already won the game before it starts. Just what I believe.

No one or nothing will convince me we won that match to continue the winning streak.

So how did we get into the next round ? Just when I am starting to believe there is a conspiracy against us, you go and prove me wrong. Clearly they are so desperate for us to succeed they picked us ahead of Wolves to go through.

Ok then little scenario for you then.

What if, let’s say we are on a winning streak of 10 games come next March. We then have a Champions League home/away KO tie and a Premierleague game sandwiched in between.

We win the first leg 2-0 and then win the Premierleague game to take the winning run to 12 matches.
In the second leg we lose 2-0 AET. The tie goes to penalties which we win to go through to the next round.

So in your opinion does that count as a win to take the winning run to 13 matches even though we lost on the night?

This is a great example of how you view it. I respect your opinion but disagree because that is a two legged tie whereas this was a single game tie so I view them differently. In your example I’d say no it doesn’t count.

In my view I see the match against wolves as 90 mins of normal time (part of the match), 30 mins of additional time (part of the match) and penalties also as part of the match and winning within any of those periods I would count as winning the match. But at the same time your example is excellent and definitely makes a point for the other side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.