West Brom post-match thread

MOTD was incredibly complimentary. I think they said something along the lines of taking football to a new level. That was almost word for word what I said to my family before watching MOTD so I was chuffed with that comment.

Difficult to reconcile those comments with the comments of some City fans who said for example that we looked tired or one or two were incredibly careless. I think perhaps when you have almost total control of a game and don't kill a game it creates a nervousness and sense of frustration because football has a habit of punishing you if you don't take your chances.

I think we got ahead and just managed the game with the Champions League game in mind and were wasteful in front of goal. At times we seemed to lapse into passing for passing sake instead of going to score goals, but we've won again.

You can't play with your pedal to the floor all season long

MOTD was incredibly complimentary. I think they said something along the lines of taking football to a new level. That was almost word for word what I said to my family before watching MOTD so I was chuffed with that comment.

Difficult to reconcile those comments with the comments of some City fans who said for example that we looked tired or one or two were incredibly careless. I think perhaps when you have almost total control of a game and don't kill a game it creates a nervousness and sense of frustration because football has a habit of punishing you if you don't take your chances.

I think we got ahead and just managed the game with the Champions League game in mind and were wasteful in front of goal. At times we seemed to lapse into passing for passing sake instead of going to score goals, but we've won again.

You can't play with your pedal to the floor all season long
Totally agree with you pal. I think somebodies put some City love juice in Danny Murphys tea :-D He's been at it a few weeks now, and he's blowing that much smoke up our cake holes the GM fire brigade have been on a few false alarm call outs to Media City.

Thought it was interesting that both of the conceded goals were rather similar. They both stemmed from Barry clipping a ball into the space between the central defenders and goalkeeper. Easier to defend when there's greater distance between them, as Ederson is generally excellent at mopping that area up, but when that gap narrows, then there is a greater degree of uncertainty.

I noticed the MotD drooling. Noticeable because it is in stark contrast to the shit they normally peddle. Danny Murphy was seemingly ecstatic with the display of Ferny, of whose displays we are more than familiar, and he even mentioned that he had played against him a couple of times. Why has it taken a BBC Dipper placeman so bloody long to acknowledge the qualities Ferny brings to a team's midfield?

The entire premier league is on notice. Teams are circling the dates they play city and shitting themselves. This is the Pep effect.
I reckon most teams are going to play us in hopes of not to get embarrassed off the pitch.

The entire premier league is on notice. Teams are circling the dates they play city and shitting themselves. This is the Pep effect.
I reckon most teams are going to play us in hopes of not to get embarrassed off the pitch.

Much like the Rags under that bullying ****, teams are almost beat before the game has even kicked off and its a case of getting the 90 mins over and out of the way as they target points in other games.

Gundogan has the lot - can go past players, win the ball, metronomic passing ability, surprisingly quick and never loses the ball. Just needs to get fit and stay fit. He'll then take some shifting out of the team.

And had Silva not got in his way he would have scored too and it would have been another fast, slick goal, pity because we deserved a 4th.

On a side note why is it that Sane gets into some fantastic scoring positions and his feet seem to slip as if on ice. Does he need longer studs.
He's done it a few times this season.

On a side note why is it that Sane gets into some fantastic scoring positions and his feet seem to slip as if on ice. Does he need longer studs.
He's done it a few times this season.

He slipped when taking that corner against Stoke when Ferna lashed it in form 25 yards, keep on slipping i say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.