West Brom post-match thread

The utter shite spouted on here. Baffled. People moaning, cribbing, criticising, calling out players for one, two mistakes. And utterly failing to enjoy the football we played today. some absolutely sublime stuff. Clueless.
The other way to look at it, are those simple errors against our main competitors is what caused us to finish 3rd last season.

Against WBA we got away with it, but against top end opposition, we could have found ourselves in deep dudu. These things show we're not the finished article & that our concentration levels still need improving.

I saw a stat last week that showed under Pep, if we don't score in the first 35 minutes, we struggle to turn our domination into goals scored & conceded. They gave several examples from several matches which made interesting reading.

I'm not a gloom & doom merchant, however I've consistently called for fans to be realistic with their expectations for this season. The way we've started this season, most fans can be forgiven for highlighting our unforced errors. In the last 2-3 matches, these lapses have cost us in terms of goals conceded & opportunities missed, but luckily they haven't.

We're getting to where we need to be, slowly but surely, but imo there's nowt wrong with our whole club from the owner to the fans & everyone in between staying on their toes from the first to the last kick of the season.

Fantastic football- thrust and pull, thrust and pull ..apply pressure and when it’s all worked out ..climax ..
Finish is off.

The other way to look at it, are those simple errors against our main competitors is what caused us to finish 3rd last season.

Against WBA we got away with it, but against top end opposition, we could have found ourselves in deep dudu. These things show we're not the finished article & that our concentration levels still need improving.

I saw a stat last week that showed under Pep, if we don't score in the first 35 minutes, we struggle to turn our domination into goals scored & conceded. They gave several examples from several matches which made interesting reading.

I'm not a gloom & doom merchant, however I've consistently called for fans to be realistic with their expectations for this season. The way we've started this season, most fans can be forgiven for highlighting our unforced errors. In the last 2-3 matches, these lapses have cost us in terms of goals conceded & opportunities missed, but luckily they haven't.

We're getting to where we need to be, slowly but surely, but imo there's nowt wrong with our whole club from the owner to the fans & everyone in between staying on their toes from the first to the last kick of the season.

You're never going to eliminate errors. They're human beings not machines, and they'll make mistakes. No one needed to tell Otamendi he'd screwed up, it was written all over his face. No matter how well City play, from time to time they'll make mistakes, and when it's defenders, it tends to lead to a goal. He's made very few this season, and played well. No need for anyone to jump on him for demonstrating he's not flawless.

We're never gonna have a perfect game. We're gonna blits teams like we did against Chelsea, stoke etc and we're also gonna have games where we make mistakes like yesterday. It happens...

You're never going to eliminate errors. They're human beings not machines, and they'll make mistakes. No one needed to tell Otamendi he'd screwed up, it was written all over his face. No matter how well City play, from time to time they'll make mistakes, and when it's defenders, it tends to lead to a goal. He's made very few this season, and played well. No need for anyone to jump on him for demonstrating he's not flawless.
No-one is jumping on anyone, & that's the point of the following posts. Safety breeds complacency & if we don't have like for like competition for places, players will know if they make too many errors, they're out.

As it stands neither Stones nor Otamendi have any serious competition for their places. Earlier in the season Otamendi would have smashed WBA's 2nd out of the stadium, but because confidence is high, he attempted a chest back to Ederson & the rest is history.

All I want is for no complacency to creep in, so highlighting mistakes so we can improve & eliminate them is no bad thing imo. Before Pep came we excused silly mistakes that started creeping into our game & all that did was to nearly get us relegated from the CL.

We're never gonna have a perfect game. We're gonna blits teams like we did against Chelsea, stoke etc and we're also gonna have games where we make mistakes like yesterday. It happens...
Yes, so I don't get why fans are being jumped on for stating a fact of what happened & wanting us to eliminate these errors as best we can.

You learn more from failures than successes & if you continue to do so, you'll have more successes than failures.

Fantastic football- thrust and pull, thrust and pull ..apply pressure and when it’s all worked out ..climax ..
Finish is off.
eb5811d8188f6429aec26ca24bb37c42.jpg

Yes, so I don't get why fans are being jumped on for stating a fact of what happened & wanting us to eliminate these errors as best we can.

You learn more from failures than successes & if you continue to do so, you'll have more successes than failures.

Yes but you concentrate on what you perceive as" failures" your words. Where as it should be a celebration of football that has never been seen in the premier league before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.