Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon wherever he goes whether back to Girona or with us, Txiki will sign him to a new contract either way.

He's not going back to Girona, did you just watch that game? He was MOTM against Real Madrid, he was tbe stand out performer in the Barca game for different reasons, he's far, far too good for Girona and will move somewhere big if we don't use him.

When I said he is better than Walker and Danilo people laughed at me, but thats fine.

I am sure within a season or two he will be Spain #1 RB.

Where's he gonna fit in? The club spent £75 million on RB's this summer both of whom are on 5 year contracts and probably high wages as well and both in their mid 20's. Where's he gonna play? Whose gonna lose a spot on the bench for him? It just doesn't make sense squad wise.
Why can’t we sell Danilo for a sweet profit?

I'm still laughing......Maffeo is a fine prospect,he isnt on Walkers level though,not yet.

When Kelechi first came on I said he was better than Bony, people laugh but at the end he proved me right.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree. Its hard to give a definite answer regarding who is better when both players ( Maffeo & Walker ) are great.

First I think trying to improve in the very high pressure atmosphere that is Manchester City right now is much more challenging then at a Girona like club where staying up is the goal.

Second even if we did not get Danilo I doubt he would develop as much being Walker's backup and playing cup games as much as he would playing every weak with Girona.

The problem we now face is how do we make room for him in the squad with us just bringing in two right backs both in their footballing prime age wise. Cannot see either being shifted. Sadly timing is everything in life and while I want to see Mafeo have a wonderful career in sky blue I am not very optimistic it will happen at this point. I do not blame the club for this though. I think they had the perfect plan for his development with bringing Alves in who is 34. Maffeo would take his place naturally when Alves retired I think was the plan, but with that falling through we were desperate for another full back and got who we could get who can play the pep way and of the quality needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.