West Brom post-match thread

Yes but you concentrate on what you perceive as" failures" your words. Where as it should be a celebration of football that has never been seen in the premier league before.
They're improvements. Even Pep said the same thing in his press conference last week.

In that respect, I'm with Pep in that we still have a long way to go. I've said this repeatedly that it's season 2019 - 2020 when I expect things to click EXACTLY as Pep wants & expects. I suppose it all comes down to what level of expectations we all have.

In that respect, trust me, we ain't seen nothing yet.

Compliancy will not happen in the big games it’s games like yesterday that will bring on Compliancy but the way that game ended yesterday will sharpen the minds of all our players.
Hooefully! And that's why it will get mentioned & mentioned until it becomes second nature. Even then errors will occur & that's why we train & have strategy meetings to identify & iron them out.

I don't have a problem with that. I do it too. What I don't like is when nobheads try and single players out i.e. Bernando and Otamendi
Mate, we're all City fans but the fact is that if Otamendi had chested the ball to Ederson successfully, it would have nicely rounded off what's proved to be a standard afternoon this season, but I honestly think if this was 10 games ago, Otamendi's clearance would have smashed a pigeon out of the sky it would have gone that high.

I'd rather the error happened when it did & not when it would have counted against us in terms of points or qualification. As we'e seen over the previous 5 years, the moment we stop chasing perfection, we're in trouble. If we don't stop moving forward, our main challengers will just move beyond us.

I was on the front row for that game yesterday and I was in awe of our players. Just as so many commentators were. We are awesome, we are fantastic, we are great. The little, tiny, mistakes were not that noticeable except for poor old Otamendi's which was the one we got 'punished' for. C'est la vie.

Love the football, love the team, boy am I enjoying my 'dotage'!! However the highlight of my day???....................... seeing our very own @Bill for the first time in ages, lovely to see you Bill. Great to get a hug from you. I was watching out for you, hoping you were going to go along the front so I could see you properly. :-)

On a side note why is it that Sane gets into some fantastic scoring positions and his feet seem to slip as if on ice. Does he need longer studs.
He's done it a few times this season.

If you notice, it always seems to be when Aguero is not playing.
I think he has been borrowing Aguero's boots ;-)

However the highlight of my day???....................... seeing our very own @Bill for the first time in ages, lovely to see you Bill. Great to get a hug from you. I was watching out for you, hoping you were going to go along the front so I could see you properly. :-)
giphy.gif

Mate, we're all City fans but the fact is that if Otamendi had chested the ball to Ederson successfully, it would have nicely rounded off what's proved to be a standard afternoon this season, but I honestly think if this was 10 games ago, Otamendi's clearance would have smashed a pigeon out of the sky it would have gone that high.

I'd rather the error happened when it did & not when it would have counted against us in terms of points or qualification. As we'e seen over the previous 5 years, the moment we stop chasing perfection, we're in trouble. If we don't stop moving forward, our main challengers will just move beyond us.

I agree with you 100%. He's gonna learn from that (hopefully). But the way some people go on you'd think he's started ww3

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.