What next for Foden & Diaz?

Marvin

I think they can both play in the Champions League so if we can qualify by getting a draw at Napoli, do you think it would be realistic to play them vs Feyenoord and Shakhtar?

I would like to see us do that. I also think they could play in the League Cup and FA Cup although the League Cup away at Leicester is a big ask. That will be a very competitive game.

I think we should be looking to get these players experience as fast as possible. It was disappointing that DIaz got that injury just as he was possibly pencilled in to play against Wolves.

I think these two players could develop into special players but they need opportunities to develop. At 17, I think they are just about ready to play now. What do those who have seen them play think? I have only seen them on TV

I think they can both play in the Champions League so if we can qualify by getting a draw at Napoli, do you think it would be realistic to play them vs Feyenoord and Shakhtar?

I would like to see us do that. I also think they could play in the League Cup and FA Cup although the League Cup away at Leicester is a big ask. That will be a very competitive game.

I think we should be looking to get these players experience as fast as possible. It was disappointing that DIaz got that injury just as he was possibly pencilled in to play against Wolves.

I think these two players could develop into special players but they need opportunities to develop. At 17, I think they are just about ready to play now. What do those who have seen them play think? I have only seen them on TV
Really need to be winning the group

I'd like to see one play against Feyenoord, but Shaktar is probably a step too far. Wouldn't play both as they're both key figures for the u19s who also have games on those days. Foden is probably the more deserving at the minute.

Depends on results. If we beat Napoli, i'd expect both to feature the the final 2 Champions League group games, we should beat Feyenoord no matter what and Shakhtar would then be a dead rubber for us, so they'd probably play there.

Leicester in the League Cup is dependant upon a few things; were we able to rest players against Shakhtar (couple of weeks before) and how bad/good is our injury situation. Either we send out a rotated side and risk losing or we send out a strong side, hopefully get a decent lead and get them involved.

As for the FA Cup, hopefully we get a struggling Premier League/Championship team or any team in League 1 or lower at home, wouldn't hold your breath on that one though.

As for the league, that'll depend on injuries, how bigger lead we have and whether we have a game easy enough to risk plying them because we have a bigger (owner's) priority that week; big Champions League knockout game.

I've no doubt they'll get their chances at some point though, particularly Foden.

It is time to integrate them into the squad and give them a little playing time.

Logically, at the outset, lets include one as a sub and give them game time when the game is pretty much decided and see how they cope and take it from there.

Next season will be the one for these 2.
We can blood them in games with nothing to lose, or already won, but I wouldn't throw them in the deep end just yet.

They are 17 yrs old,their time will come

I'd rather them be 17 and playing here than 18 and playing elsewhere. We have a shit record of bringing through talent and that needs to change if we want to keep our talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.