The Most Positive Article Ever Written About Raheem Sterling Ever

What? More positive press about Raheem Sterling?! It is as if his on field performances are speaking for him...

Nice, sarcastic take on the stick he has received for being a normal professional footballer, yet rising above the din!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...t-who-does-sterling-think-he-is-36272275.html

I wonder what that particular reporter was also saying at the height of the Sterling hate campaign, I would guess it wasn't much difference but I am to lazy to search lol

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ng-underrated-man-city-winger-deserves-credit

Fair play to Sky. This isn't what I expected to see today at all.

Also a surprise that tonight he will make his 150th Premier League appearance. Silva and Touré are only on about 210!
Bloody hell I was expecting something amazing. Talk about an overreaction. It’s just a run-of-the-mill filler story that says almost nowt.

But it’ll all change now because I think the media have got their next target for racism: Delli Alli. Before Raheem it was Ashley Cole and Mario Balotelli, but I’ve noticed this season that Alli (while I actually dislike the diving faux-hardman Spurs wanker!) is starting to get a lot of negativity surrounding his adverts and girlfriend and now he’s playing shit n’all.

So maybe the press are going to start to be nice to Raheem. But if they are I won’t be saying I’m happy about it because it’s not worth taking notice of. None of it. Not the negative press or the positive press. It’s all a load of insignificant bollocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Bate has been writing some good pieces on Sky Sports' website for years now anyway and it's not the first time he did a positive piece about City, which is only normal given our form and everything.

I for one hope Raheem gets more and more stick from away fans - if he’s getting stick he’s doing something right.

Bloody hell I was expecting something amazing. Talk about an overreaction. It’s just a run-of-the-mill filler story that says almost nowt.

But it’ll all change now because I think the media have got their next target for racism: Delli Alli. Before Raheem it was Ashley Cole and Mario Balotelli, but I’ve noticed this season that Alli (while I actually dislike the diving faux-hardman Spurs wanker!) is starting to get a lot of negativity surrounding his adverts and girlfriend and now he’s playing shit n’all.

So maybe the press are going to start to be nice to Raheem. But if they are I won’t be saying I’m happy about it because it’s not worth taking notice of. None of it. Not the negative press or the positive press. It’s all a load of insignificant bollocks.
I would only point out that the original post/article to which you refer was from March LAST season!

Not really a fair comparison with Pep, as Southgate has far inferior players to coach than the talent that pep has at his disposal.

Compare a typical England side with a City team under Pep. England don't ship many goals, admittedly, but then City don't play against the equivalents of San Marino and Lithuania.

It used to be that the England side was a class above even a top League club, but now the reverse is the case. When a player with a top PL club joins England, he is playing with players of lesser quality than his club team-mates.

Adam Bate has been writing some good pieces on Sky Sports' website for years now anyway and it's not the first time he did a positive piece about City, which is only normal given our form and everything.
I am noticing at last a recognition for our beautiful football - we must make sure it continues and counts for something in the end

There is though something to be said, for being hated and winning against all the odds. When Aguero put that ball in the net, and we reflected in the glory it was made all the sweeter by where we had come from and all the barbed comment in our way.

Which is better, having commentators acknowledge your team, and achievements along the way, or winning in total hostility? I think I prefer the latter, so perhaps we should after all shut up complaining about the media, and lap it up knowing that we've got a team who are going to shut them up at the end.

The reality is of course dialectics - our team is going to change the way we are perceived

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.