Carabao Cup 5th Round Draw

Leicester - new manager way down the league = they will play a very strong team.
City - Going for Gold in the major trophies = will play a much weaker team.

Game should favour Leicester in those circumstances.

Leicester - new manager way down the league = they will play a very strong team.
City - Going for Gold in the major trophies = will play a much weaker team.

Game should favour Leicester in those circumstances.
Not so sure especially if Leicester lose a few more in the league and we stuff them in the league as well. Staying in the Premier is more important to their owners. Some may say their owners would do anything to stay in the Premier...

Taking away the big guns of today will decrease media attention worldwide to make this competition even less interesing. And I´m sure the smaller clubs would love to draw one of the big guns i.e. Bristol City will easily sell out the game vs the rags, with their fans looking foreward for what is to them a really big occassion. They will take it for granted playing a Mourinho-boring side .
Furthermore we and many like us have a big squad that is or should be able to compete in 4 competitions. It's what the owner and chairman state as well. And there is no obligation to any of the teams with European fixtures to deal with, to send out their best players.
Finally I enjoyed and forever will enjoy my League Cup final day at Wembley. It's than that you realize it is indeed still a competition worth getting in to the final. Than again I am of a generation City fans that feels we have some catching up to do after all these years of knowing there was no silverware to be won.

The point is the preparation times for the next game, this is irellevant to squad size. Already we have too many games to be played at Xmas in a short space of time due to the TV companies, then we will more than likely, a few weeks later, the 2 legged cup semi final. If the Leicester game goes to pens then that will mean that we have had 2 lots of 30 mins additional playing time, this following 90 minutes of standard time can lead to more injuries.

just a reminder of a good day out. Nasri with one of the best goals ive seen at city .

I went down to London that weekend - took the Mrs and kids and ended up watching Charlie and the choloate factory at the theatre with the match ticket in my arse pocket!

I went down to London that weekend - took the Mrs and kids and ended up watching Charlie and the choloate factory at the theatre with the match ticket in my arse pocket!
I know you’ll know this, but just a reminder to those who don’t: once something is posted on the internet, it is there forever. No matter how embarrassing, no matter how incredible the words you have written. Remember that kids. For. Ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.