The Best Start in Premier League History.

I'm still worried about United to be honest. Despite some people on here laughing at me for it.

But Peg has ALWAYS won the league in his second season, and although United are utter gash, they defend very well indeed and are a big side who can nick a goal at the end and pick up the points - Saturday just gone being case in point. They will not lose many games this season I suspect, and it's vital we beat them in our head to heads.
Pep also ALWAYS got past the last 16 of the champs league and also ALWAYS won the league in his first season (although he's only been at two other clubs!) - so i wouldn't look to deeply into that tbh.

The main problem we will have is that the miserable **** doesn't care how his team win, he's not there to show his team can compete in footballing terms but just that he can get a result that he thinks is acceptable. That way, they'll keep churning over the points and hope for City to slip up, and we undoubtedly will as the way we play just requires such high level of concentration and a slice of luck. Otamendi is one booking from a suspension and if Stones gets injured, i just can't bare the thought of Otamendi leading Mangala :O

Anybody that doesn't think United will be there at the very least until the end of April is deluding themselves. They're not pretty, they play horrific football that i would hate to watch and i'd personally rather win nothing than win playing like that BUT they pick up points. We've had the best ever start, yet United aren't a million miles away from us. I said at the start of the season, United will be top 3 comfortably and a threat. City and Chelsea are miles ahead of them but if either or both have a slip up, United will always be there and that's the only way they're winning the title. Chelsea have already had a slip up it's upto us not to follow suit

Pep also ALWAYS got past the last 16 of the champs league and also ALWAYS won the league in his first season (although he's only been at two other clubs!) - so i wouldn't look to deeply into that tbh.

The main problem we will have is that the miserable **** doesn't care how his team win, he's not there to show his team can compete in footballing terms but just that he can get a result that he thinks is acceptable. That way, they'll keep churning over the points and hope for City to slip up, and we undoubtedly will as the way we play just requires such high level of concentration and a slice of luck. Otamendi is one booking from a suspension and if Stones gets injured, i just can't bare the thought of Otamendi leading Mangala :O
To be honest that's pretty much what I meant. The rags will get 1 point when they need it and grind our 1-0 wins when they need them. In footballing terms there's at least 5 or 6 sides better than them in the league, but I'll bet they finish no lower than 2nd. Their 12th man in black is a huge help every week as well, not to mention them being jammy bastards. Kane missing at the weekend really pissed me off, for example.

Anybody that doesn't think United will be there at the very least until the end of April is deluding themselves. They're not pretty, they play horrific football that i would hate to watch and i'd personally rather win nothing than win playing like that BUT they pick up points. We've had the best ever start, yet United aren't a million miles away from us. I said at the start of the season, United will be top 3 comfortably and a threat. City and Chelsea are miles ahead of them but if either or both have a slip up, United will always be there and that's the only way they're winning the title. Chelsea have already had a slip up it's upto us not to follow suit

Not a chance mate.
Utd will be at least 20 points adrift of us come the end of season.
Don’t believe the hype.

[QUOTE="TravisBickle, post: 10561140, member:
Utd will be at least 20 points adrift of us come the end of season.[/QUOTE]

prayer2.gif

Not a chance mate.
Don’t believe the hype.

I hope you're right but i can't see it unless we have no dip in form or injuries all season and register an unbelievable tally. I don't think there is any hype around them is there? They're dire but they're efficient, physically imposing and their relentless hoofball tactics yields goals eventually. They'll pick up around 70-80 points, 85 at a push, that's probably their limit, our ceiling is much higher, we should be looking for around 90 so the ball is firmly in our court.

Not a chance mate.
Don’t believe the hype.
I'd honestly say there is absolutely the square root of fuck all chance of us finishing 20 points ahead of them. No chance whatsoever.

Of course I would love it, but that is simply not possible imo.

I'd honestly say there is absolutely the square root of fuck all chance of us finishing 20 points ahead of them. No chance whatsoever.

We could be 7 ahead after 11 games this sunday - carry on pro rata and we could be 21 head after 33 games. It is more than possible. Unlikely but to say it is simply not possible is incorrect. I think we will finish 12 to 18 ahead of them.

We could be 7 ahead after 11 games this sunday - carry on pro rata and we could be 21 head after 33 games. It is more than possible. Unlikely but to say it is simply not possible is incorrect. I think we will finish 12 to 18 ahead of them.
Fair enough, +20 points = not realistic then.

I'll be very happy if we win the title finishing just +1 point ahead of them personally. Anything more than that is just icing on the cake.

It's not thay unlikely they're 8 points behind on Sunday.

After that I expect us to win both derbies which makes it 14 points.

And once PEG is out of the race he will turn on them and more points will follow.

It's not impossible at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.