Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you can still see a little apprehension in and around tackles (understandably), pep is managing his comeback perfectly... when he is up to speed dec/Jan, he'll be so important when silva and KDB become leggy, swapping those two for Gundogan and Bernardo will be crucial at times!

I almost forgot about Bernardo's little cameo he shows some flashes of what is to come once he gets up to speed having these 2 and the rebirth of Delph is only going to make us even stronger the second half of the season.

I was delighted to see him starting last night. It is imperative that he starts games because Silva/KDB cannot play every single game this season. Was he at Silvas level? No but the guy has barely played any football for a year and the only way he gets up to full speed is by playing more games.
Depends what you mean by at Silvas level..
More likely to ..and skilled at ...getting a foot in,more likely to score( more confident finisher?)
More robust..
Not a more skilled passer ,obviously,but def no slouch in this department either,
Imo
Edit.just noticed you acknowledge he hasnt played much football this year,so fair comment

Depends what you mean by at Silvas level..
More likely to ..and skilled at ...getting a foot in,more likely to score( more confident finisher?)
More robust..
Not a more skilled passer ,obviously,but def no slouch in this department either,
Imo
Edit.just noticed you acknowledge he hasnt played much football this year,so fair comment

I only mentioned Silva because that's who he replaced in the side and some would look at his performance and state "well he wasn't as good as Silva". He needs games and we as fans might have to accept a slight drop in performances while he gets up to speed.

I reckon if he retains his fitness throughout the season he'll be in out first xi by the end of it.

He's nowhere near ready yet.

And in saying that, he was still good as an individual performance. But he's off the pace of the overall team.

Great gamble playing him last night as it's a big game and it allowed him some well needed game time with the starters and not just the disjointed Cup team, while allowing us to give Dave a bit of a rest.

As Zin and others have said, this lad is our ace in the whole later in the season once he's up and running.

Good showing for Germany last night, if nothing spectacular. Good for him to get more game time.

I almost forgot about Bernardo's little cameo he shows some flashes of what is to come once he gets up to speed having these 2 and the rebirth of Delph is only going to make us even stronger the second half of the season.

Funny isn't it - We bought one of the best players to play against us last season, and it's easy to forget he's even here. Always tough to manage this amount of talent but he must be mindful of David Silva's age and feel pretty confident about staking a first team place for himself eventually.

While he made some nice passes,including the lovely weighted assist for Sterling,he doesnt control a game in the way Fernandinho does,he doesn't take a game by the scruff and he doesn't dictate play.
Obviously the effects of the injury will still be playing on his mind and his fitness wont be 100%,but i was hoping for something that bit more in terms of his influence.

I thought he was quite good. His tight space passing was fantastic. And if it wasnt for the poor decision making in the final 3rd, 2ice by Aguero and another by Kev, he'd have been on the end of 3 different 1 v 1s with the keeper.

His movements in the final third is clinical. His passing in tight areas applaudable.

I really believe he is up to speed and ready for more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.