Ghoulam

More likely to sign him now actually aha

I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Napoli now face the prospect of the guy not playing for them again, before leaving for free next year. I could see us paying a nominal fee in January.

Could we afford having both natural left backs recovering from such a serious injury going into next season? Especially as they have to put so much work in in their positions.

Could we afford having both natural left backs recovering from such a serious injury going into next season? Especially as they have to put so much work in in their positions.

well youd assume one of them can get back to full strength

It is one thing recovering from the surgery to play again and another to achieve the same level of pre-injury performance. Usually a sportsman with an ACL injury will decline in performance post surgery.

I think it would be very risky for us to have 2 full backs with what until relatively recently was a career threatening injury.

Unfortunately we need quality cover for Mendy not a buddy for him in the treatment room.

Ghoulam started every single match for Napoli since August 16 which was their CL qualifier vs Nice.

Starting 17 matches in a row. Was subbed off only one time in 86th min and the second time last night due to injury. The other 15 times He played the full 90 min:

Sorry but over played is an understatement.

Is the injury even a surprise?

Sarri is taking dangerous risks. Mertens was holding his hamstring a few times last night also. Bet he starts anyway on Sunday. Don’t blame Sarri though as he has virtually no back ups in many positions. This is exactly why Napoli won’t win the title. All their players will run out of gas soon and more injuries will hit.

Feel sorry for Ghoulam though. Get well soon.

It is one thing recovering from the surgery to play again and another to achieve the same level of pre-injury performance. Usually a sportsman with an ACL injury will decline in performance post surgery.

I think it would be very risky for us to have 2 full backs with what until relatively recently was a career threatening injury.

This perhaps was more applicable before the turn of the century. While these days they can return sooner to play, it still remains a difficult recovery & rehab process - physically & mentally

Very, very impressed with his play against us, last time a full back performance forced us back so much was Mendy playing for Monaco. Hopefully can recover to the same level.

He actually had a very good injury record before his ACL. Better than Mendy who had a previous ACL problem and various muscle injuries, before we bought him.

He would have been a great acquisition if we could have bought him fit in January at a bargain price, minor downside was his International football representation for Algeria in Africa, similar to Yaya and Ivory coast.

I hope he gets the best treatment to help him recover as well as possible. He's likely to be out for 6-12 months potentially taking him out of contract with Napoli. I hope this doesn't adversely affect his medical care.

Ghoulam started every single match for Napoli since August 16 which was their CL qualifier vs Nice.

Starting 17 matches in a row. Was subbed off only one time in 86th min and the second time last night due to injury. The other 15 times He played the full 90 min:

Sorry but over played is an understatement.

Is the injury even a surprise?

Sarri is taking dangerous risks. Mertens was holding his hamstring a few times last night also. Bet he starts anyway on Sunday. Don’t blame Sarri though as he has virtually no back ups in many positions. This is exactly why Napoli won’t win the title. All their players will run out of gas soon and more injuries will hit.

Feel sorry for Ghoulam though. Get well soon.
ACL injuries are not overuse injuries, the injury occurred in the first half when the player would have been warmed up but not tired. 17 matches in 11 weeks is busy but nothing like the winter schedule that some of the English teams have.
Napoli do have a thin squad so you may be right about them winning the title but I don't think Ghoulam's injury is related.

He actually had a very good injury record before his ACL. Better than Mendy who had a previous ACL problem and various muscle injuries, before we bought him.

He would have been a great acquisition if we could have bought him fit in January at a bargain price, minor downside was his International football representation for Algeria in Africa, similar to Yaya and Ivory coast.

I hope he gets the best treatment to help him recover as well as possible. He's likely to be out for 6-12 months potentially taking him out of contract with Napoli. I hope this doesn't adversely affect his medical care.
Could be a blessing in disguise for Napoli as they can show him some loyalty and love by still offering him a new 5 yr deal,which,given his new circumstances,he would be more likely to sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.