Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

"As did Barcelona with Messi within the Spanish core, although I do remember the tiki-taki was overperformed at one stage. We are heading in the direction of trying to get to that kind of level with an English influence being present more than ever (a backline with Walker-Stones-Delph)"

barca under pep never played tika taka ,and we don't,if I'm taking this the wrong way then I apologised,

i was on lates last night and my heads still a bit fuzzy :)

I remember pep got quite angry when his football was called tika tka
The part you quote above doesn't say we play tiki taka, just says it was overperformed at Barca, and then says we are heading to the level of how Barca used to be at.

Bottom line though is no one has ever played the way we are playing at the moment, it's scintillating.

FCBarca guy is such a bitter clown.

Now about Pep. We didn't hire his two best friends, got into business with his brother and appointed temporal manager in Pellegrini just to see Pep do his usual three years managerial job. We planned for him for years, he obviously agreed on that and he'll do 5-6 years at least here as long as there is some success to show for it - wither with major titles or whole holistic stuff around the club. Then he can go to Girona to either coach them or work on their youth setup and continue to coordinate with City group. This is not simple managerial job, this is very well planned stuff for world's football domination of City group and Guardiolas clan.

His kids are loving living over here I am told.

That can’t be underestimated in my opinion , we all want to see our kids happy and settled and it’s a big big part of any parents life.

Pep could be to City what Cruyff was to Barcelona, the mentor of the club and it’s playing style for a decade or more,fingers crossed Pep is falling in love with City like his kids are Manchester.

If Pep stayed for about 4 more years I think we would be the most incredible team ever....we might even become that within the next 2 years...he is just so damn good. Some people may think I am going over the top....haha!!!!.....but that's honestly what I believe.

The part you quote above doesn't say we play tiki taka, just says it was overperformed at Barca, and then says we are heading to the level of how Barca used to be at.

Bottom line though is no one has ever played the way we are playing at the moment, it's scintillating.
agreed a joy to watch

Think he will stay another 3-4 years after this season and will leave us in a great place, deliver our first CL. To think that even after all this time Sterling, Sane, Jesus, Bernardo, Stones, Mendy, Ederson STILL won’t be in thier prime is scary.

Maybe he stays even longer. The age and quality of the players we have is something extremely rare, it’s not something we’ll see again in a long time.

Think Serie A is improving and if it continues to do so I could see him possibly going there otherwise I could see him managing a national team. The only question is which one? He is so pro Catalan he would never manage Spain. Maybe Catalonia get thier independence and he manages them, I’m sure that would be a dream come true. Otherwise I don’t know, It’s tricky most nations employ managers from their own nationality. It’s hard for me to imagine him managing any other nation other than Catalonia. Not Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina, France as their always employ their own. England is a long shot as well.

Maybe he just stays a long time at City and retires from managing. Decides to mold the future generations in an academy role.

He may well be wrong but he never comes over as bitter, occasionally a bit know it all but not aggressive or bitter.

He is when it comes to Pep, several times already tried to present it like it is just usual coaching job and he, just as anyone else knows it's a job that was planned for years, with too many connections in and out the club itself to not be the usual one.

Few days ago he tried to make it just like Pep's bayern job (with bit of arrogant - he's not your wife, just short time grilfriend) and it's silly really to anyone following football and specially City in last few years. Bayern's job was just that - the job. You can't compare working for Uli Hoeness and Rumenigge and in their "we're bayern, bow to us as we're so cool and do it on right way" where he didn't have anything else that ties him to that club and City where years are spent to prepare everything for him, where he works for two of his best mates, freedom to do what he wants and how he wants and where his brother has 50-50 partnership in owning the club with City group.

It's much more complex and planned than simple managerial job. Obviously he won't retire at City nor he was City fan in childhood but he's here for much bigger stuff than just being manager for 3 years. And FCBarca is around enough to know that.

That can’t be underestimated in my opinion , we all want to see our kids happy and settled and it’s a big big part of any parents life.

Pep could be to City what Cruyff was to Barcelona, the mentor of the club and it’s playing style for a decade or more,fingers crossed Pep is falling in love with City like his kids are Manchester.

I think he's here for 5-6 years for sure but not sure about mentor stuff. Much more logic to be that at Girona where his brother (and probably him too) have invested money + it's in his backyard. The club is partially under City Group umbrella so it wouldn't be such a bad thing too for us to have Pep improving our talent there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.