Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

This has always been an awful forum for welcoming opposition fans lol, they're normally chased out by the same three or four posters too. Mods don't give a shit either haha.

I think we have one West Ham, one Celtic, FcBarca, one brave United fan, and a Tottenham fan that occasionally pops up.

ZA3ltGB.jpg

I think i can explain. He has been riling up people here and arguably somewhat intentional over a supposed leave of Pep. FcBarca made the argument in other threads that "Pep wouldn't stay long here" and we were to cherisch the time he was here, as in his view Pep was obviously comming back to Spain. Did he provide any sources for his view? Nope, it seemed all his personal oppinion. Then some poster showed him a video where Pep himself was saying that he wanted to stay with city with a long time, but EVEN THAT didn't hold him from constantly repeating his argument as if it were a fact and as if he knew better than Pep himself. And then he repeats that argument in different threads aswell, and the whole point seems to be that we shouldn't think ourself so high in class that pep would want to stay here rather than he would obviously leave for the better team Barca the moment the spot was open. I get that this annoy's people, he's trying to make people feel uncomfeterable about that future withought good reason but maintaining some air of a know-it-all.

I don't know regarding other posters of other teams. Imho they are all welcome as long as they have enough courtesy and respect for the fact that they are a guest in the lions den. I think it speaks for itself that if you go to a forum of the opposition that you better consider youre behaviour if you want people to accept youre presence there, atleast there would be definite no-no's like having shadenfreude over one of their losses. And i know many of those rules are unwritten but i think anyone with a reasonable brain should be able to get that.

Cheers, FD. I hadn’t followed the situation closely but that’s a useful explanation.

Speaking generally, I agree with you totally about the rules of engagement as a guest on a forum. Sometimes it’s a fine line between offering fair criticism and overstepping the mark. I’ve noticed one or two blues on rag caf going into such contortions that they disappear up their own arses and look stupid. Not sure why they even bother.

I think i can explain. He has been riling up people here and arguably somewhat intentional over a supposed leave of Pep. FcBarca made the argument in other threads that "Pep wouldn't stay long here" and we were to cherisch the time he was here, as in his view Pep was obviously comming back to Spain. Did he provide any sources for his view? Nope, it seemed all his personal oppinion. Then some poster showed him a video where Pep himself was saying that he wanted to stay with city with a long time, but EVEN THAT didn't hold him from constantly repeating his argument as if it were a fact and as if he knew better than Pep himself. And then he repeats that argument in different threads aswell, and the whole point seems to be that we shouldn't think ourself so high in class that pep would want to stay here rather than he would obviously leave for the better team Barca the moment the spot was open. I get that this annoy's people, he's trying to make people feel uncomfeterable about that future withought good reason but maintaining some air of a know-it-all.

I don't know regarding other posters of other teams. Imho they are all welcome as long as they have enough courtesy and respect for the fact that they are a guest in the lions den. I think it speaks for itself that if you go to a forum of the opposition that you better consider youre behaviour if you want people to accept youre presence there, atleast there would be definite no-no's like having shadenfreude over one of their losses. And i know many of those rules are unwritten but i think anyone with a reasonable brain should be able to get that.
He can fuck off to Barca forum for all I care. He is bitter about pep dumping Barca and looking for every opportunity to wind us .

PEP: Napoli had conceded three goals all season at home - we scored four. In games like that, it’s about mentality.

Remember the old days when European away ties were about striving for 0-0 draws? (Not that we graced Europe much at that time.)

Pep doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Remember the old days when European away ties were about striving for 0-0 draws? (Not that we graced Europe much at that time.)

Pep doesn’t know what he’s doing.
You're absolutely right, the man is clueless, a complete fraud. What the hell does he think he's doing ? Four goals away to the unbeaten leaders of Seria A. Whats all that about ?
PEP OUT. Bring back Swales

Last edited:
As you've been told, Pep left Barca because of the internal politics. The plan all along was for Pep to follow Soriano & Begiristain to City, but City winning the league title in 2012 in such dramatic fashion scuppered Pep's appointment.

Bayern was always rumoured to be just a staging post for Guardiola, just as Pellegrini was always rumoured to be a stop-gap until Pep's 3 year contract with Bayern was up.

Right now at City, he has Soriano, Begiristain, several of his old Barca coaches & back room staff with him. He has the financial backing, the infrastructure & is being allowed to build his team, his way with the players he wants.

This being the case, please tell me what any other club could offer Pep above what he has in place at City? He's said too many things about City being a 10 year project to catch up to Europe's elite teams, & him not being able to complete his project at City within his 3 year contract term for there not to be a long term dynastic plan in place.

I think you just have to accept that Guardiola came to Bayern & did his best during his 3 years there, but his final destination was always Manchester City.

I feel a few major things will happen at City over the next 12 months, so please stay in touch & let's revisit this conversation then. At this point, I believe you will get definitive answers to all your conjecture & opinions.

You do not stay 3 years in a project for which you prepare yourself 9 months that is just a stop-gap - or you see every job as a stop-gap but then City for sure is not the final destination either. For Pep the Bayern job was the ideal job after Barcelona. Some forget that he still is a very young coach who does his third job. Even if his main idea to have the ball has not changed - he has made a big development in Munich, too.

Why I posted is because people try to paint both jobs and clubs and the situations black and white. None is either - they are different.

But - as much as I see coaching is that what he lives for - that is the centre for him - not the stuff around. And that is where I might see the biggest problems with your wish for a long stay in City. I do not see him taking up a different job (or let us say profession) as he loves to work with the players, to develop them, to work out tactics - and do not think he is so wrong with the thinking that somewhen there is a time where the players are tired of him and he will not be able to improve much anymore. He said about that that after the three years (let it be four or five) either most of the players have to change or he has to get out. That was what he did in Barcelona, that is what he did at Bayern.

I do not think he was wrong with that - at Bayern the problem was just that to take Ancelotti as next coach was the big mistake.

And yes, let us talk about it in some years - because we are just guessing.

I doubt the club would want to change anything even if we won fuck all short term, as they know how great the rewards can be if Pep gets it right long term (I think even the most backward thinking of City's support must also realise that, watching us now, even though we have no guarantee of a trophy). But as has been discussed in the 'new contract' thread, Pep himself will go, if the day comes where his 'magic' wears off & he can't influence the players the same. If that's next season, he'll go then, if it's in five years, he'll go then.

I think he'll find it hard to leave City, so long as his methods are still working & he's still improving players. A key might be, the home-grown players coming through. It would be a challenge for Pep, to bring through a core of players like he did at Barca, & that might keep him occupied for some time if it starts to happen.
Absolutely agreed.

I was in & out of the Pep contract thread, but I was surprised at some fans thinking if we win nowt this season, the season would be a disaster & Pep's position should be under review. Under review to be replace by whom exactly?

I've said it before & I repeat, I'd be disappointed, but perfectly OK if Pep won nothing this season or next for that matter. I've always looked toward season 2019-2020 to be the one whereby Pep can be judged fairly after being given the time to turn around the car crash he inherited. HOWEVER, if we start winning titles and trophies before then, I'd be more than delighted, BUT even then I don't believe we'll see the full potential of this team until 2019 at the earliest, but i'm certainly having fun watching them grow in the meantime.

I suppose it comes down to whether you can play the long game, or whether you shoot your load after 2 shakes of your arse. :-)

You do not stay 3 years in a project for which you prepare yourself 9 months that is just a stop-gap - or you see every job as a stop-gap but then City for sure is not the final destination either. For Pep the Bayern job was the ideal job after Barcelona. Some forget that he still is a very young coach who does his third job. Even if his main idea to have the ball has not changed - he has made a big development in Munich, too.

Why I posted is because people try to paint both jobs and clubs and the situations black and white. None is either - they are different.

But - as much as I see coaching is that what he lives for - that is the centre for him - not the stuff around. And that is where I might see the biggest problems with your wish for a long stay in City. I do not see him taking up a different job (or let us say profession) as he loves to work with the players, to develop them, to work out tactics - and do not think he is so wrong with the thinking that somewhen there is a time where the players are tired of him and he will not be able to improve much any more. He said about that that after the three years (let it be four or five) either most of the players have to change or he has to get out. That was what he did in Barcelona, that is what he did at Bayern.

I do not think he was wrong with that - at Bayern the problem was just that to take Ancelotti as next coach was the big mistake.

And yes, let us talk about it in some years - because we are just guessing.
I'm talking in particular about Manchester City when Pep left Barca. This is no sleight on Bayern (because it could have been any other team), BUT it emerged some time later that City made an approach to Guardiola in 2012 and things were in place for him to come here. Who says so? City's top brass. When I say Pep's final destination, allow me to elaborate... City was his final destination after leaving Barca, but he stopped off at Bayern along the way. After City? Who knows where he'll go, BUT one thing I can say is that there are too many indicators to the contrary for Pep to be here just to honour his 3 year contract.

All the rumours of Pep to City was pure conjecture up until it was announced Pep was actually coming to City. Even KHR stated there was NO WAY Guardiola would leave a club like Bayern to consider managing a club 'Like City'! But he was proved wrong. In coming here, Pep proved all the rumours were true and that Bayern was indeed a staging post on Pep's journey to Manchester. I can imagine this is hard for you to swallow, but unfortunately, you'll have to accept this version of events unless you have an alternative theory you'd like to present.

Finally, in my previous post I said 'Let's revisit this in 12 months time' not in 'Years'. If 12 months pass and Guardiola doesn't extend his contract, then I'll happily admit that my gut feeling based on all the evidence in front of me was wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.