Reinforcing the calm...

SamTheGuru

Team supported
MCFC OK
I have not posted in a while... but it is all about preserving the identity. Our identity is all about rising against the odds. The idea should never escape us. It is inconsequential right now, but if I am being honest...I cannot do anything but admire the football that we are playing right now,

Enjoy it. It's because of Pep City are playing like this. A few were guarded and circumspect at how we were playing last season but I was stating have you not seen how Pep organised his previous teams. They hadn't and were saying Allardyce or Hughes might as well be in charge. Jesus wept.

Enjoy it. It's because of Pep City are playing like this. A few were guarded and circumspect at how we were playing last season but I was stating have you not seen how Pep organised his previous teams. They hadn't and were saying Allardyce or Hughes might as well be in charge. Jesus wept.

For years I have wondered about the ridiculous argument that "anyone" could manage a football club loaded with stars. If that were the case, why don't clubs like our hire a wino off the street and pay him 5 GBP an hour to shout gibberish from the touch line? Why in God's name would we recruit and pay a Pep? Inane. If managers didn't matter they wouldn't get the sack all the time.

For years I have wondered about the ridiculous argument that "anyone" could manage a football club loaded with stars. If that were the case, why don't clubs like our hire a wino off the street and pay him 5 GBP an hour to shout gibberish from the touch line? Why in God's name would we recruit and pay a Pep? Inane. If managers didn't matter they wouldn't get the sack all the time.
I didn't intend to upset you mate. That said, I'm not sure what your beef is about.

Read your reply, I know where you're coming from, ignore my initial response, I agree with you pal.

Read your reply, I know where you're coming from, ignore my initial response, I agree with you pal.

No worries. Those criticisms of Pep for simply "inheriting" stars and assuming he had nothing to do with how the club played just made no sense. Arguing like that lot did would be like arguing if you give a Stradivarius to a chimpanzee, he'll make beautiful music because of the instrument.

Whatever the outcome(s) this year, the football Pep has us playing is breathtaking and I am just awed by the spectacle -- sometimes, like Wednesday, I catch myself almost feeling like the result doesn't matter much! That's ridiculous, right? Ironically, that's how I felt when City were crap! I just loved watching the club; I knew we'd probably lose (or not even score, under Pierce), but it didn't matter as much. At the time I think I was the only non ex-pat City fan in my county.

I never felt that way against Utd, mind -- always the enjoyment came from thrashing them or at least putting up a fight -- and that will be the same this year -- even if we play lovely stuff I'll want to pound THEM into the turf on the scoreboard.

I have always admired the Dutch & the Brazilian National team from the 70s and 80s .loved watching Ajax and Barcelona. But the stuff we are playing now is breath taking .how is any one suppposed to mark our players ? they cover every blade of grass .The thing is we are only going to get better .i thought the Champions league would be a pipe dream in my life time .not any more it is more like when than if.

I have always admired the Dutch & the Brazilian National team from the 70s and 80s .loved watching Ajax and Barcelona. But the stuff we are playing now is breath taking .how is any one suppposed to mark our players ? they cover every blade of grass .The thing is we are only going to get better .i thought the Champions league would be a pipe dream in my life time .not any more it is more like when than if.

And to win it by playing the best football would be oh so sweet. This country has got into the habit of believing you play good football or win and both is unachievable. Seriously bored of hearing it and I hope we put it right.

There’s going to come a time soon where we take a loss. I would rather it be Bournemouth or Palace than anyone else around us. I feel there’s a togetherness and all for one attitude in the squad. Love the way they fight for each other. This is a special group of players who have the opportunity to produce something very memorable.

The Champions league ??? I I thought the league cup was a pipe dream for most of my life, loving it, loving it :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.