Shouldn't City be paying staff real living wage?

Are they not agency staff and City should insist that the employer pays the living wage as I bet they get more money from City than they pay out

Are they not agency staff and City should insist that the employer pays the living wage as I bet they get more money from City than they pay out
Sure I remember a couple of years ago that the club do pay the living wage, but a lot of the jobs are contracted out and we don't insist thet they are paid the living wage, which we should. Not 100% sure on this though. Either way, yes anyone working for the club or sub contracted should be earning the living wage.

I am not saying that City shouldn't pay the rlw. However surely it would be better for all those on lower wages, if the government would up the tax threshold to £180/£190 per week before anyone pays income tax. This is far better than playing the rlw, as they will lose 1/3 of any rise they get if they are put on the rlw, to income tax and NI.

I am not saying that City shouldn't pay the rlw. However surely it would be better for all those on lower wages, if the government would up the tax threshold to £180/£190 per week before anyone pays income tax. This is far better than playing the rlw, as they will lose 1/3 of any rise they get if they are put on the rlw, to income tax and NI.

I think its 220 pounds now.

Recently I worked for minimum wage 7.5, its a joke, 37.5 hours pays exactly 254 pounds per week after tax and insurance taken off.
And when I stayed overtime like 2 hours every day it was even worse I got extra 40 pounds for that 10 hours more as none of the breaks were paid of course and the tax/insurance jumping a bit too.

The government should just put the national minimum wage to the level of rlw and end this madness.

Btw I live in London, so the 7.5 per hour here is even bigger joke with the transport and rent prices even for a shit single room.

If any agency pays someone say £8 an hour .City will be paying the agency significantly more than the £8 thats how agencies make their money .A code of practise will have to be agreed to if Clubs are serious about paying a living wage .Footballs .Football Shirts and other memrobilia are made all round the world by young kids for a pittance and then bought by fans for a pittance .there has been many campaigns to stamp it out all to no avail.any potentional loss of profits will just result in fans paying extra

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.