Attack by Napoli fans.

When I go on the European away days I look on the town/city tourism site & see what sights I can visit within the time we have there. I might see people I know & will have a chat with them but not a drink usually. It is my way of checking places to maybe go back for a longer visit sometime.

I wouldn’t do it in Napoli but then again I wouldn’t go to Napoli, even if they paid me!

Each to their own I always say. Plus if I am going on an overnighter I would take my iPad with the Kindle app so I have plenty to read. Sorry if that makes me boring but I go to watch the football match & read in the hotel room or bar (with a lime & lemonade or occasionally a white wine spritzer). :-)

Playing devils advocate would anyone here hides to places like Leeds, Chelsea, millwall etc and fly flags, start singing and drinking? Most sensible people would say no do why go to places like Napoli and do so? It isn't worth the hassle.

Playing devils advocate would anyone here hides to places like Leeds, Chelsea, millwall etc and fly flags, start singing and drinking? Most sensible people would say no do why go to places like Napoli and do so? It isn't worth the hassle.

Loads of people go to those places and sing, drink, and fly flags. You wouldn’t do it where their main hooligans congregate though. And the port area in Naples isn’t where their main nutters congregate either. It’s the equivalent of drinking somewhere else in London en route to Millwall or Chelsea. If someone walked into the main pub where Napoli’s ultras drink and stuck a City flag up then yeah, that’s beyond stupid but nobody did.

The fact is that loads of City fans got attacked when they weren’t flying flags or giving it large and it’s pathetic that any fucker amongst our support is blaming it on flags, while giving ****s who stole them at knifepoint a free pass.

Last edited:
As a seperate issue, why were Napoli fans in our section ? When we went in the stewards tried to direct us up and towards the netting which was a shit view so we did a bit of dodging about and walked down instead. Ahead were a line of stewards so we found a seat. I clocked the fans in front of the stewards and thought nothing of it, even when they jumped up when Napoli scored. In fact no City fan made any attempt to attack them. Where it went stupid was when we equalised and a few City fans celebrated by running down the isle towards the front. They were just celebrating but of course the dick head stewards thought it best to get physical, no doubt thinking they were protecting the Napoli fans.
So the question is where were they from and how did they get the tickets ? It was plain stupid to have them in the City area.

They were the plain clothes Old Bill, and yep they celebrated when Napoli scored.

Both views imo are correct, staying savvy in a small group or alone can work, done it myself all over the world. There is also good points about staying in a group if your going to be singing and flying flags. I tend to have a quick feel out of a place and can tell if i need to stomp to the front of the busiest bar and make sure i am heard or if i should sit in the corner and i just need to catch the waiters eye to get sorted. The same evaluation of a situ or area comes into play i find be it going just to visit or for footy etc.

Last edited:
Loads of people go to those places and sing, drink, and fly flags. You wouldn’t do it where their main hooligans congregate though. And the port area in Naples isn’t where their main nutters congregate either. It’s the equivalent of drinking somewhere else in London en route to Millwall or Chelsea. If someone walked into the main pub where Napoli’s ultras drink and stuck a City flag up then yeah, that’s beyond stupid but nobody did.

The fact is that loads of City fans got attacked when they weren’t flying flags or giving it large and it’s pathetic that any fucker amongst our support is blaming it on flags, while giving ****s who stole them at knifepoint a free pass.
I am not blaming the flags. What I am saying is that places that Napoli are not the sorts of places that we as away fans come across very often. Even drinking and singing 10 miles away is a potential problem. The whole place is full of nutters and not all follow the football

Some fans like to congregate in groups , drink and chant the same songs over and over.
I prefer to do my homework, visit the sights, find a good restaurant, and then get hammered on the local vino.
Haven't been to Napoli, but would love to visit the region.

If I was a foreign fan coming to city, I would want to see John Rowland library, royal exchange, Lowry, Football museum, then go for a steak and ale pie, with chips. I would wash it down with a dozen pints of Holts, then do the canal walk to the ground.

They were the plain clothes Old Bill, and yep they celebrated when Napoli scored.

Bloody hell that is the one answer i didn't expect !! Italian Dibble, an entire first tier to choose from and they sit with us in the second. As I say, we were not arsed but it seemed wierd.

Some fans like to congregate in groups , drink and chant the same songs over and over.
I prefer to do my homework, visit the sights, find a good restaurant, and then get hammered on the local vino.
Haven't been to Napoli, but would love to visit the region.

If I was a foreign fan coming to city, I would want to see John Rowland library, royal exchange, Lowry, Football museum, then go for a steak and ale pie, with chips. I would wash it down with a dozen pints of Holts, then do the canal walk to the ground.

The Pusher likes this post.

By the way, who is John Rowland?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.