Sergio Agüero | Manchester City's All Time Top Goalscorer

It feels like we're not paying enough respect to the fact Arsenal have the tools to hurt us.

I'd prefer if we approached today's match with a concentrated professional attitude & celebrated Aguero's achievement afterwards.

I think sometimes fans conflate their own fear of embarrassment or worries of complacency with what's actually going on in the squad. I'm sure the team is approaching the game with the same professional attitude as ever and there's no way plans to have a bit of a presentation before the game will detract from how Guardiola has prepared the squad. If anything, I think it'll just fire the fans up a bit more and improve the atmosphere going into the game.

I think sometimes fans conflate their own fear of embarrassment or worries of complacency with what's actually going on in the squad. I'm sure the team is approaching the game with the same professional attitude as ever and there's no way plans to have a bit of a presentation before the game will detract from how Guardiola has prepared the squad. If anything, I think it'll just fire the fans up a bit more and improve the atmosphere going into the game.
In hindsight you were correct, but I had reservations about today's match because of Arsenal's team having a week off as opposed to our 3/4 days.

When I heard about today's presentation, I just had flashbacks to that FA Cup match where before hand, players were walking around the pitch with their families, & we ended up being dumped out of the competition.

Not to worry, as today we did what we needed to, so luckily for me, my fears were misplaced. :-)

Lovely presentation by the club today.

It was great to see all those legends lining up to honour Sergio and his achievement, though I was a little disappointed that Frannie wasn’t there.

And it was a very classy touch to have Eric's daughter to help with the presentation.

In hindsight you were correct, but I had reservations about today's match because of Arsenal's team having a week off as opposed to our 3/4 days.

When I heard about today's presentation, I just had flashbacks to that FA Cup match where before hand, players were walking around the pitch with their families, & we ended up being dumped out of the competition.

Not to worry, as today we did what we needed to, so luckily for me, my fears were misplaced. :-)

I'll admit it was on my mind that it would have been a bit awkward had we gone on to lose afterwards but I never felt that it would have been because we'd done the presentation or anything like that. With Guardiola being the way he is, i imagine the more the season goes on and the more we win, the less complacent we become. It's like the more real the prospect of winning the title gets, he'll be getting the team even more focused.

But yeah, really enjoyed the guard of honour in the end and maybe it even inspired a few of the current players to earn their own place in history!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.