Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have been playing with 10 men for most of the game. Won't be mentioned because Wenger's bemoaning will make the headlines, but that's the awkward truth for them.

Anyone got a clip of Sterling being pushed into the net in the first half. Convinced we should have had a penalty and arse a red card

Definite pen and red card for pull back on sterling 1st half. Can understand Oliver not giving it though ‘cos if he did and was wrong there would have been greater outcry that a player was sent off and the game was ruined. Better for him to be not 100% sure and keep the game in the balance.

Six bookings for Arsenal mainly for chopping players down in midfield. One for us (otamendi).

The only truth is that he saw more of the game than the myopic fool stood on the sideline. - errm that’s Wenger, not the Lino for 3rd goal. (See Wenger disgraceful comments thread).

Wrong decision as stated above but overall decent performance from Mr Oliver.

Definite pen and red card for pull back on sterling 1st half. Can understand Oliver not giving it though ‘cos if he did and was wrong there would have been greater outcry that a player was sent off and the game was ruined. Better for him to be not 100% sure and keep the game in the balance.

Six bookings for Arsenal mainly for chopping players down in midfield. One for us (otamendi).

The only truth is that he saw more of the game than the myopic fool stood on the sideline. - errm that’s Wenger, not the Lino for 3rd goal. (See Wenger disgraceful comments thread).

Wrong decision as stated above but overall decent performance from Mr Oliver.
If he gives the penalty now I'm pretty sure its no longer a red card double jeopardy law as goal scoring chance isn't denied. Think it's only red card outside the penalty area.

If he gives the penalty now I'm pretty sure its no longer a red card double jeopardy law as goal scoring chance isn't denied. Think it's only red card outside the penalty area.
Depends if it's totally deliberate or not. If he tried to go for the ball then a yellow. If he took the player out deliberately then a red IMO it was the later.

think you have to make a genuine attempt to play the ball which the defender clearly didn't.

Identical to Milner on Sterling last season which he also didn't give, just think he bizarrely doesn't regard it as a penalty.

Depends if it's totally deliberate or not. If he tried to go for the ball then a yellow. If he took the player out deliberately then a red IMO it was the later.
Tough one to call even if he'd given the penalty,think had Oliver given it would have resulted in a yellow same as the one he did give.

Personally I think the pen was Mr Oliver balancing things out, without sending someone off.

There were a couple of incidents that have been mentioned previously that, perhaps may have involved cards, particularly the shoving of Sterlinng into the goal.

What has surprised me is how niggly and, for want of a better word how dirty, they have become.

What is Mr Myopic doing?

Mr Michael Oliver only made 1 mistake , but to defend him which I usually don't, it was not his fault for that push on Raheem, but that was the fault of the linesman who should have sen it and flagged for the push.
Once again any decision that goes against Arsenal Arsene Wenger has to have a moan, he failed to mention the blatant push in Raheem 's back by the Arsenal player if I am right it was the player in the shirt numbered 31. This should have been a penalty and an automatic red card. yes the penalty was a soft one put it is one of those that sometimes are given for you. With 6 yellow card's given to the Arsenal players he should be looking to curb their aggression. maybe on another day they might get a couple of red cards as well. Michael Oliver still allowed some of the Arsenal players who had been booked to get away with even more fouls.

Yes we did get lucky with the 3rd goal and it should have been flagged for offside but the ball was played so quickly that the linesman couldn't be sure that it was offside, so he gave the benefit to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.