King of the Kippax

Wasn’t their a fanzine called blueprint as well..have a vague recollection of a vinal being attached to one addition with a rehashed version of bluemoon with the commentary of the 5-1 at Maine road mixed into it..

I must confess I rely on the internet and MEN for most of my City diet nowadays. However I must agree KOTK has been a great read with much insightful stuff written. Dave and Sue are two of the nicest people you could meet and a fantastic achievement to be going so long.

I have been an occasional contributor to KK and having run fanzines myself in the 70s and 80s, I know what a back-breaking, soul-destroying, thankless, relentless task Dave & Sue undertake. I's fine to say that Electric Blue or others might have been better, but you're just seeing the past through rose-tinted specs - they weren't. And they are mere shooting stars compared to what KK has achieved. Is it perfect? No - it's an amateur fanzine, run to break even and if it makes Dave & Sue enough profit for a few beers then it would be a small price to pay. The idea that it is in any terms, competing with the official programme is ludicrous - the quality of writing is infinitely higher in KK than the sales brochure which masquerades as the modern day programme. And it is a fans' perspective not a club perspective - as with most fans, you might not agree with them, but it's the basis for an extended debate not a slanging match.

No other fanzine has been going as long and in an internet world there will never be an equivalent ever again. I think Dave & Sue should be knighted for services to football culture when they finally hang up their typewriters.

Wasn’t their a fanzine called blueprint as well..have a vague recollection of a vinal being attached to one addition with a rehashed version of bluemoon with the commentary of the 5-1 at Maine road mixed into it..
Diferent fanzine mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.