Paradise Papers Leak

Ricster

The leak reveals secrets of elites hidden wealth.
Canadian PM Trudeu's cheif fundraiser involved in movement of millions.
£500Bn in world tax avoidance last year alone.

More to come from 13.4m documents

Rob a bank of a penny and you get sent down.

Rob society of taxes you are due to pay and its laughed off.

Greed greed greed greed. Never have enough.! When you are so wealthy why do you need more? Pay taxes you bastards like everyone else! They benefit from the facilities and infrastructure in the country created by everyone paying

Just highlights sad people who are motivated by money and material things. I don't earn a wedge, but I am comfortable and live within my means, and guess what? I'm happy with my lot.

If they've done anything illegal I hope they go down for it.

If they haven't then it's a bit of a non-story except to expose a fair amount of hypocrisy from luvvies such as Bono.

Even the queen has been at it https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...vate-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers

What sort of precedence does it set when the head of state the Her in HMRC is engaged in this type of behaviour?

Plenty of hypocrits to and I hear that Lord Ashcroft is still hiding in the carzy from the reporters.

Anyway a further instalment is on the Panarama tonight where the UK again confirms itself to be the biggest hypocrite in tax avoidance.

If they haven't then it's a bit of a non-story except to expose a fair amount of hypocrisy from luvvies such as Bono.
No it isn't.

When most of the working population have had no real pay rise for a decade or so, when zero hours contracts have multiplied, when employment rights have been reduced and when essential public services have been significantly diminished......................then the actions and principles of the governing classes (and I include the major corporations in this) are fundamental to people's perception of fairness and reasonableness.

Whether it is legal or not is not the point - these activities (tax avoidance/tax evasion - call it what you will) simply stink of hypocrisy and craven self interest to most people who have had to put up with austerity.

It undermines the trust in government and governance.

If it's not illegal perhaps it's the law that needs changing?

If it's not illegal perhaps it's the law that needs changing?
It’s not a UK law that can be changed, you’re talking about foreign sovereign nations deciding to have a low or zero tax rate to encourage business to be conducted their. Just like the Isle of Man, but with nicer weather.

But yes, I’d have no issue with regards some law changes and for individuals to have to be resident in these jurisdictions to enjoy their tax rate (like I am in Qatar) and for companies to actually have to be a trading company (rather than a shell company) if they wish to benefit from tax rates in said havens.

It’s like footballers forming Joe Bloggs Ltd to get paid on their ‘image rights’ separate from their PAYE statement so they pay corporation tax rather than income tax. It’s not really in the spirit of the law though it may be within the actual wording of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.