Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rather smug that we got an offside goal. It shows our luck is turning. 'Twas only a few weeks ago we had that young lass on that line - forget the fixture - but she would have flagged David offside, sure as tapas is tapas. I'm just off for a private laugh at Arsene's expense. It is like a turn at The Ardwick Hippodrome when the old fart comes on having been stuffed by one of the officials! Such seething Gallic indignation. Yer can see that he's still smarting re Waterloo!.

Is there somewhere I can lump on specifically getting a stream of dodgy/shit decisions trying to maintain the competitive image of the Best League in the World™?

I'm rather smug that we got an offside goal. It shows our luck is turning. 'Twas only a few weeks ago we had that young lass on that line - forget the fixture - but she would have flagged David offside, sure as tapas is tapas. I'm just off for a private laugh at Arsene's expense. It is like a turn at The Ardwick Hippodrome when the old fart comes on having been stuffed by one of the officials! Such seething Gallic indignation. Yer can see that he's still smarting re Crecy en Pontieu and Azincourt!.
Edited for accuracy.

Edited for accuracy.

It's the difference between us and our Gallic neighbours - we make the most of the Norman invasion, take it all on board, even let a few French words into our dictionary, whilst they seethe and fume over historical reverses at the hands of the English and British, and turn somersaults over things like 'le sandwich', or 'le weekend'!

Obviously there's been the old "buying referees" jib from opposition fans this season because of the number of fouls/penalties we get in our favour (which you would expect with 80% possession for 90 mins).....

But last night got me thinking, we were awarded 12 fouls against us, which normally wouldn't surprise me... that was until I saw who was officiating.... none other than Anthony "I'm an Alty fan" Taylor, it was then I had to concede to the fact that we must indeed be paying off referees! (Albeit never awarding Ayew a single yellow card, despite his persistent fouling)

rag.

we're now getting what we should have got last season before the referees started screwing us over to give Chelsea the title.

This is just relatively honest, even-handed and fair refereeing, and now the league is seeing the difference it makes compared to the usual hatchet job which kept things competitive.

We still don't get plenty of decisions we should do, but it's progress. I hope whatever conversations the club has had to ensure this increase in fairness have a long-term effect.

I wonder if the powers that be have made it clear that we know refs makes mistakes but they always seem to happen to City so get it sorted i.e. stop being bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.