Shouldn't City be paying staff real living wage?

Shouldn't the bar staff do some real living work?
Arse !! Both my daughters are at uni. Egde hill and they both travel back on a Friday by train to work weekend games
and I take them back by car. Yesterday as a example didn't finish till 6.30 time they got home Droylsden had tea yours
truely didn't get back home till midnight. Which I glady do as they get off there arse for a 8 hour shift for around £45.

Arse !! Both my daughters are at uni. Egde hill and they both travel back on a Friday by train to work weekend games
and I take them back by car. Yesterday as a example didn't finish till 6.30 time they got home Droylsden had tea yours
truely didn't get back home till midnight. Which I glady do as they get off there arse for a 8 hour shift for around £45.

ALERT, ALERT! Notification of potential competent bar staff in the ground!

Please let us know which bar they work in so we can form an orderly queue!

Liverpool have become the third club to sign up to the RLW iniative, following on from Everton and Chelsea. Surely City, in our financial position, should follow suit? Would be great to see the club take a stance for the good of their employees.

I thought they did?

Doesn't it all depend on the particular job?

If it's bar staff then in reality no as the market is flooded with cheap labour driven by excessive immigration
by labour and their kronies.

I hate when politics comes into football.
Would you say that when season ticket prices go up when capacity can't keep can't up with demand? When they're charging £2k a ticket and you can't afford to go you might thinking differently about market economics in that way.

I'll think you'll find City pay everyone who actually works for the group more than the living wage.

That may be the case but do they insist their contractors do too? It is in city's control to insist that everyone who works directly and indirectly for the club is paid the proper rate.

it's an easy cop out to allow procurement to drive down wages and abdicate responsibility for indirect employees.

My understanding is that everyone on the CFG payroll is paid living wage as a minimum, all concessions who employ their staff direct which includes all food and drink outlets and the club store are free to set their won wage structure

That may be the case but do they insist their contractors do too? It is in city's control to insist that everyone who works directly and indirectly for the club is paid the proper rate.

it's an easy cop out to allow procurement to drive down wages and abdicate responsibility for indirect employees.

Speak to the council because they are the ones who dish out the contracts for security, catering and the like. Ever had any takeaway food ? Then speak to yourself as it's highly likely that have been served by someone below the minimum wage let alone living wage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.