Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sane getting all the hype rn but Jesus was incredible again. His link up/build up/positioning was incredible. GL finding someone who plays better 1-2’s. Perfect guardiola CF IMO. Wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

The guy thinks lightning fast...
He gets a little too fancy with his touches sometimes... Jovetic-Raquel. But outside of that, his hustle, movement skill and aggression are all superb

His link up play was a bit askew; but his pressing, movement and hold up play were on fire as usual.
This. A lot of the time, its the fancy flick that doesn't come off, that's killing his link up. He should simplify a tad. But overall he is splendid.

He gets a little too fancy with his touches sometimes... Jovetic-Raquel. But outside of that, his hustle, movement skill and aggression are all superb

I’ll take it everyday. I’m a little biased because I loved the kid before he even wore the shirt but it’s that cockiness and willingness to be ok with his decisions to not come off that I don’t want him to iron out of his game. I see your point and it’s true though. He can get and will get better.

This. A lot of the time, its the fancy flick that doesn't come off, that's killing his link up. He should simplify a tad. But overall he is splendid.
Trying to remember which game it was... think it was Chelsea away. Right after KDB scores we slice through their midfield with the most incredible counter-attack, courtesy of an outside-of-the-boot flick round the corner from Silva. KDB surges forward for the lay off, with unbelievable options in front of him, think we were even outnumbering their defenders.... but Jesus inexplicably tries to play the lay-off with a fancy flick instead of just cushioning it calmly into De Bruyne's path. Would have been a near-certain goal and 2-0 up.

So yeah, I agree, he needs to stop doing that. There's no need really, even more so at just 1-0.

He looks like he's put a bit of quality size on,he's developing a strong physique.

Give it 12 months and as good as he is now,he's gonna be a proper handful then.

Manchester City have informed Gabriel Jesus and his entourage that they want to reward him with a new and improved contract. [UOL Esporte]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.